OMG! Scout has Gophers ranked #83 in recruiting?.................

Doubtful. What matters is the league table and we are in last place in the B1G by 175 points. 2 star are only worth roughly 50 points so we would need at least 3-4 of them just to move out of the basement.

The recruiting class is an embarrassment and a bunch of hardcore fans want to joke about it? It going to be a long, long time before the U has a successful FB program with this attitude.

Most of the guys on the radar are 3 star guys and we'll land a few of them. Rivals only scores the best 20 guys in the class so having a small class isn't going to "score" well on rivals.

We hired a guy who would coach up medicore recruiting classes, which is fine. I expected classes ranked similar to Mason's (60's or so). But 80's? Yikes. In the end it doesn't matter much, if at all. But being that low is slightly alarming.

Somehow, it just feels like . . . .JK 80 > Brew 20. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Somehow, it just feels like . . . .JK 80 > Brew 20. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Yeah. JK had a class ranked 52 and one ranked 72, this one will be in the 60's I think.

Talent wise, no. But I do feel a lot more of these recruits will be around in two, three, four years compared to Brewster's.

Thanks for all responses G-Holers! I did not expect this amount of opinions from so many people! This just shows how smart and brilliant we are! That includes me too! Go Gophers!! ( I like to kid around a lot for a few laughs once in a while. C'mon, it's the boring winter time that does it !!)

Yeah. JK had a class ranked 52 and one ranked 72, this one will be in the 60's I think.

It's not even a question for me. Kill's classes will be here, committed, and coached. Regardless of ranking, the Gophers will be better off. Brew had classes ranked in the 20s, but there was limited commitment, limited team, disasterous results.

In response to one of Stewart Mandel's mailbag comments about recruiting, Kansas State, Auburn, and others, I decided to do something Mandel should have done himself. I looked at the team rankings for several teams, focusing on Alabama, Notre Dame, and the other two schools already mentioned. I took the Rivals, Scout, and ESPN team rankings for five classes, 2008-2012, fifteen data points per team for those math challenged.

Auburn's classes had an average five year rank of about 11. When rounded off, Kansas State's ranking was 70. Auburn went 5-6, largely because Chizik couldn't keep the highly ranked kids in school, and not because they were going to the NFL. The attrition rates were horrible, much like Brewster's highly ranked class. Kansas State went to the Fiesta Bowl with a #5 ranking in direct contrast.

Snyder coaches them up, lots of two stars, and lots of no stars, but he has an eye for talent obviously. I think Kill has a lot in common with him. I am not concerned about an #83 ranking from Scout.

Keep telling yourselves that 2 star recruits and JK's staff will coach them up and we'll become magical winners? Reality check, it won't happen. I believe JK has a process installed for our program, something Brewster never had a clue about. That's at least a start in the right direction. But at the end of the day, talent wins games. Your not a B10 Head Coach, if you don't know the X and O's of football (insert Brewster joke here), but thei true difference makers are the Johnny's and Joes (recruits). That's how you win a B10 title.

Keep telling yourselves that 2 star recruits and JK's staff will coach them up and we'll become magical winners? Reality check, it won't happen. I believe JK has a process installed for our program, something Brewster never had a clue about. That's at least a start in the right direction. But at the end of the day, talent wins games. Your not a B10 Head Coach, if you don't know the X and O's of football (insert Brewster joke here), but thei true difference makers are the Johnny's and Joes (recruits). That's how you win a B10 title.

Ok we have mostly 3-star not 2-star recruits according to Rivals...so now what are you going to say? Can you do another reality check?

In response to one of Stewart Mandel's mailbag comments about recruiting, Kansas State, Auburn, and others, I decided to do something Mandel should have done himself. I looked at the team rankings for several teams, focusing on Alabama, Notre Dame, and the other two schools already mentioned. I took the Rivals, Scout, and ESPN team rankings for five classes, 2008-2012, fifteen data points per team for those math challenged.

Auburn's classes had an average five year rank of about 11. When rounded off, Kansas State's ranking was 70. Auburn went 5-6, largely because Chizik couldn't keep the highly ranked kids in school, and not because they were going to the NFL. The attrition rates were horrible, much like Brewster's highly ranked class. Kansas State went to the Fiesta Bowl with a #5 ranking in direct contrast.

Snyder coaches them up, lots of two stars, and lots of no stars, but he has an eye for talent obviously. I think Kill has a lot in common with him. I am not concerned about an #83 ranking from Scout.

Bill Snyder has 97 career Big 8 & 12 conference wins. He has winning records against every current Big 12 school except OU. Jerry Kill has 4 career B1G wins. The only B1G school he has a winning record against is Illinois. Sorry, I see absolutely nothing in common there at this point.

Bill Snyder has 97 career Big 8 & 12 conference wins. He has winning records against every current Big 12 school except OU. Jerry Kill has 4 career B1G wins. The only B1G school he has a winning record against is Illinois. Sorry, I see absolutely nothing in common there at this point.
For your information Bill Snyder was 1-10 his first season and 5-6 his second the Kansas State program was built up. Jerry Kill is in the process of building up the the U's program.

For your information Bill Snyder was 1-10 his first season and 5-6 his second the Kansas State program was built up. Jerry Kill is in the process of building up the the U's program.

Bill Snyder is also 73 years young and in his first year at K-State he was 50.

Brewster was 1-11 his first year. Was he also building up a program? I didn't make the comparison to Snyder. Somebody else did. You can compare Kill to any great coach if you want. Have fun.

I think you're totally missing his point. I think he's saying that they're similar in that they both seem to have a clear cut plan. They know what kind of players they want.

If he wins in the next four years, no one will care how low this recruiting class was ranked. If he loses in the next for years, he wouldn't be saved by having higher recruiting classes. I trust Kill to keep consistently improving our win total for the next 2-3 years.

Illinois class is ranked in the mid 30's and our average star rating is higher than theirs. They have like ten more guys then us and 2 four stars, but they have nine 2 stars and six juco guys. You really think our class is 30 spots worse then theirs?? There is no way. People would be crying a lot less though if we were ranked in the 30s or 40s though. Our average star rating is better than like 14 teams ranked ahead of us.

According to 247 gophers are ranked 76 and 70 depends what formula they use. Not sure if this has changed since Drew Wolitarsky commited..

Set the DVR for ESPN Recruiting Nation today, and this is how they have the Big Ten's recruiting classes as of now (for what it is worth):
1.OSU
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Penn State
5. Wisconsin
6. MSU
7. Indiana
8. Illinois
9. Northwestern
10. Purdue
11. Iowa
12. Minnesota