Olson and Bush

The team just won its 4th consecutive Big Ten game for the first time since the Nixon Administration. We are about to host Wisconsin with both teams 6 games over .500 for the first time since the Teddy Roosevelt Administration. Let that sink in for a moment.
Man, that is really, really startling. Can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for posting that.

I have a hunch that while Indi was 'playing the game' he was convinced he was more talented than the guy starting in front of him...

I have a hunch that while Indi was 'playing the game' he was convinced he was more talented than the guy starting in front of him...

Actually, you'd be wrong and frankly if anything I was always probably provided more opportunity than I deserved. At the end of the day, I happen to think Bush and Olson are better, maybe much better, players than the kids whose spots they took on Saturday; that's all. I also think DP is mental, but maybe that's just me.

It's been loosely tossed around by the media to make his story more entertaining. I think more accurately he wasn't on the two-deep to start fall practice. Can anyone help me on this?

I also pointed out to Iceland12 that I believe Cobb himself said he didn't get much playing time because of things such as pass blocking. I'm almost positive HE said it in an interview. That's why it's so great to hear him interview now, giving credit to everyone else instead of saying "look at me now that they finally realize how good I am." And, I get a little chub when he picks up a blitz and we complete a big pass.

Yes, that is correct. He wasn't on the two-deep to start the year.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082713aaa.html

dpodoll, the beauty of GopherHole commentors is their "display of knowledge".

I have played the game, coached the game, reffed the game, and cheered the game. I still don't know anything near what our Coach Kill and Staff know. Let's all let them do their jobs that they are paid quite well to do, and enjoy the ride.

GO GOPHERS!!!

+.9 As I have always said, you are wise beyond your years

Actually, you'd be wrong and frankly if anything I was always probably provided more opportunity than I deserved. At the end of the day, I happen to think Bush and Olson are better, maybe much better, players than the kids whose spots they took on Saturday; that's all. I also think DP is mental, but maybe that's just me.

dpo may be lots of things, but dumb ain't one of 'em... kinda hurts any analysis or insight you might be sharing if that's your conclusion

Based on position grade from team review of game film, Bak and Christensen were the #1 and #3 ranked olinemen respectively through the first 9 games of this season.

Bak received top grade in 6 of the 9 games he played including Iowa (the only lineman to receive a good score), Michigan and Nebraska. Jon received top grade against Northwestern and Bak was #2. The team recently selected Bak as top olineman for mid-season awards.

This doesn't mean that they are therefore better than their back-ups but in this case they are and that is why they started until injured.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Based on position grade from team review of game film, Bak and Christensen were the #1 and #3 ranked olinemen respectively through the first 9 games of this season.

Bak received top grade in 6 of the 9 games he played including Iowa (the only lineman to receive a good score), Michigan and Nebraska. Jon received top grade against Northwestern and Bak was #2. The team recently selected Bak as top olineman for mid-season awards.

This doesn't mean that they are therefore better than their back-ups but in this case they are and that is why they started until injured.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Good info. Thanks.

Indi, I won't even reply to such idiotic insults. Give it up, pup. dpodoll schooled you very thoroughly.

No, he didn't. He works very hard to get the last word but this was a harmless thread about my opinion that I think Bush and Olson are more athletic than the other kids. The responses are really about prior posts I made rightfully hammering Limegrover, giving my opinion that Kill wasn't fit to coach this season in the medical shape he was in and that the coaches needed to trust the kids. I'm not perfect, but I feel pretty good about those calls; plus I do think dp might have a screw or two loose based upon his posts here.

No, he didn't. He works very hard to get the last word but this was a harmless thread about my opinion that I think Bush and Olson are more athletic than the other kids. The responses are really about prior posts I made rightfully hammering Limegrover, giving my opinion that Kill wasn't fit to coach this season in the medical shape he was in and that the coaches needed to trust the kids. I'm not perfect, but I feel pretty good about those calls; plus I do think dp might have a screw or two loose based upon his posts here.

So someone else says something in support of dpodoll's schooling you, and you claim it is last word? Yet, you haffta get in the last word just like this last post of yours. Dpodoll's last words say something, your last words are babble, just last words. Give it up, pup.

Just misguided, misinformed, stubborn, negative...and if you can't learn from your mistakes, you're destined to repeat them...sigh.

Just misguided, misinformed, stubborn, negative...and if you can't learn from your mistakes, you're destined to repeat them...sigh.

Your rose colored glasses blind your thoughts and Kill your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68
"The team just won its 4th consecutive Big Ten game for the first time since the Nixon Administration. We are about to host Wisconsin with both teams 6 games over .500 for the first time since the Teddy Roosevelt Administration. Let that sink in for a moment."

Man, that is really, really startling. Can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for posting that.

Actually, the lack of a "both teams 6 games over .500" situation in the Minnesota-Wisconsin rivalry isn't nearly as startling as it might seem. Remember that until the 1970s most teams played a nine-game schedule, or even less in the early 20th-century. That means that both teams would have had to be 8-0 or 7-1 going into the last game of the season. That almost happened twice, in 1954 and in 1962. In 1954 (the Bob McNamara vs. Alan Ameche year) the Gophers were 7-1 and the Badgers were 6-2. Wisconsin won 27-0. In 1962, coming off the Gophers' back-to-back Rose Bowl appearances, Minnesota was 6-1-1 and Wisconsin was 6-2, with the Big 10 championship on the line. Wisconsin won 14-9, with game turning on a horrendous roughing-the-passer call on Bobby Bell.

Both of those games are good benchmarks against which to match this year's, even if the shorter season made for slightly lower winning percentages.

Your rose colored glasses blind your thoughts and Kill your credibility.

I admittedly have donned the rose colored glasses, most of the time, in fact. I am an optimist. Not sure why that kill's my cred, or what it has to do with anything. If attitude does affect credibility, how is yours affected by your unwavering negative perspective. The consistent theme for me on this forum is I am a loyal supporter of Kill and his staff. I think they are outstanding people, and really good football coaches. I believe in their system. I admire their values, ethics, and principles. Related to the OP, I think they are excellent evaluators of talent. In fairness to you, I don't know your track record when it comes to evaluating football talent, but I do know theirs. They've stacked up well against their peers in terms of wins, and they've sent players to successful NFL careers at every level they've coached. Mind you, I don't know if any of them played or coached 5th graders, but I think their 8-2 record this season, three straight wins as big underdogs, might even be evidence they know what they're doing.

So someone else says something in support of dpodoll's schooling you, and you claim it is last word? Yet, you haffta get in the last word just like this last post of yours. Dpodoll's last words say something, your last words are babble, just last words. Give it up, pup.

Dr. Don - I think you are being a little hard on Indi1006. If he wasn't continuing this ongoing pissing contest things would be pretty pretty boring here during this off week. Come to think of it things are still pretty boring during this off week.

Dr. Don - I think you are being a little hard on Indi1006. If he wasn't continuing this ongoing pissing contest things would be pretty pretty boring here during this off week. Come to think of it things are still pretty boring during this off week.

Hence the increase in PC's and drivel? It is fun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68
"The team just won its 4th consecutive Big Ten game for the first time since the Nixon Administration. We are about to host Wisconsin with both teams 6 games over .500 for the first time since the Teddy Roosevelt Administration. Let that sink in for a moment."

Actually, the lack of a "both teams 6 games over .500" situation in the Minnesota-Wisconsin rivalry isn't nearly as startling as it might seem. Remember that until the 1970s most teams played a nine-game schedule, or even less in the early 20th-century. That means that both teams would have had to be 8-0 or 7-1 going into the last game of the season. That almost happened twice, in 1954 and in 1962. In 1954 (the Bob McNamara vs. Alan Ameche year) the Gophers were 7-1 and the Badgers were 6-2. Wisconsin won 27-0. In 1962, coming off the Gophers' back-to-back Rose Bowl appearances, Minnesota was 6-1-1 and Wisconsin was 6-2, with the Big 10 championship on the line. Wisconsin won 14-9, with game turning on a horrendous roughing-the-passer call on Bobby Bell.

Both of those games are good benchmarks against which to match this year's, even if the shorter season made for slightly lower winning percentages.

Thanks for the info. That Wisconsin game in '61 is when I threw something at the radio because I was so pi$$ed off.

I looked it up to see what team snapped the 4 game streak in '67. Purdue led by Leroy Keyes and Mike Phipps. Leroy really was an amazing college player.

Top Bottom