Olivia Newton-John, beloved singer, songwriter and actress, dies at 73

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Singer, songwriter and actress Olivia Newton-John died Monday morning at 73.

Her husband John Easterling announced her passing on her Facebook page saying, "Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time."

She fought a decades-long battle with breast cancer.

Easterling continued, "Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund (ONJFoundationFund.org)."

Newton-John will forever be remembered for her work as Sandy Olsson in "Grease" along with her role in "Xanadu."

Few actresses/actors are so closely aligned as Newton John was to Travolta. While Travolta obviously has had a robust career, Grease was one of his most iconic roles, as it obviously was for Newton John, but together the pair remained linked and seemingly turned that into a lifetime friendship.

Travolta chimes in:

Travolta paid tribute to his Grease co-star on social media writing, “My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!”

I wasn’t a fan of her music but I admired her fight against cancer. F cancer.

also on the celebrity death front, actress Markie Post died Monday at the age of 70. Cancer.

Post was on several popular TV shows, including "The Fall Guy," "Night Court," and more recently, had a recurring role on "Chicago PD," playing the mother of detective Erin Lindsay (Sophia Bush). Film roles included "There's Something About Mary."

also on the celebrity death front, actress Markie Post died Monday at the age of 70. Cancer.

Post was on several popular TV shows, including "The Fall Guy," "Night Court," and more recently, had a recurring role on "Chicago PD," playing the mother of detective Erin Lindsay (Sophia Bush). Film roles included "There's Something About Mary."
Markie Post died a year ago.

Top Bottom