Old People

It's amazing how many "young" people brazenly show their complete lack of understanding about the way life works: You're headed for gray hair even as you selfishly insist on blocking someone else's view of the field, in a lot of cases someone who would like to stand an entire game, but is no longer able. And then you whine and moan on a message board about how horribly you've been treated at a football game. Your turns are coming, it's only a matter of time and you'll no doubt expect young people at that time to treat you with a bit of respect. What a bunch of simple, classless people some of you are. Have you anything else in this life to cause grave concern or is that about the extent of it?

This is our 2nd season in section 232, and i am so sick of the old people that sit behind us. Last night they were yelling at us to sit down. We yelled back at them. They kick down some of seat backs to show their frustration with us of not sitting down. We still continued to cheer to support the Gopher football team. Then they called over a security guard to complain to him. The security guard brought his supervisor up. They complained to the supervisor....and the supervisor told him that they cannot make us sit down. My message to the old people: GO BACK TO THE METRODOME!

The problem with old people is that they are old. Some have arthritis, some have degenerative disk disease, some have heart conditions, some are otherwise physically disabled. I think most of us understand when people stand for key plays - I stand for them myself - but one doesn't need to stand the entire game. It's one thing to do so in the student section, its quite another thing to do it in seating for the general public. I think you will find when you reach the age when it becomes difficult to stand that you will still want to be able to enjoy a good football game.

The colonoscopy bag up front

Won't sit down. Then the breeze kicks up, and oh man, plug your nose. I asked the guy to empty the bag once in a while and he started talking Medicare! My god, if he doesn't shut his trap and do something about that bag! I'm going to call my Congresswoman, the one with the Diploma issues.

At least for the SoDak game, the duffers sat their golf bags down long enough to watch the game. Polite folk too. Cheered when it was time to cheer. Sat and chuckled when it was time to do that. Really, quite fun to be around. I didn't see any colonoscopy bags on those nice folks. As far as I could tell, none of them were malodorous. Most I would invite to next weeks fish fry.

Ok, so here is my deal....our group has seats in front of an older gentleman and his companion (he maybe in his late 50's early 60's)...this guy and his companion have NO physical aliments whatsoever. Ever since the new stadium opened up this man and who ever is with him have been very disrespectful. He will cheer for the Gophers and expect us to high five him when they do something good, but the minute the Gophers do something bad he is yelling profanity at the field. This guy absolutely hates when we stand for 3rd or 4th downs or big plays....he also hates it when we stand for the kickoff. He often yells many profanities at us....tell me who really wants to sit down at a football game during big plays or downs when he and his companion are yelling profanities at you???? NOT MANY PEOPLE! He is constantly very demeaning towards women, and ethnic people. He is constantly saying that women do not have a place in this world (and even more graphic stuff too bad to mention) and also that people of a different race than himself (he is Caucasian) are lower and don't deserve to be on the field or in the stadium. I have often felt bad that someone could actually think this way, but now it's starting to get really annoying and out of control! Last week was the last straw when this man and his companion started acting like they were in first grade again by kicking off our chair backs, and even pouring water and beverages on our seats so that when we would sit down after a major play we would have wet pants. Others around him have asked him why he even holds season tickets for the Gophers when he hates them SO much and he really doesn't have an answer other than, "I can". I understand that but don't get why you would waste you money on people you despise SO MUCH! In reading many of your posts I think you don't understand the type of guy we are dealing with....I am all for respecting your elders, but when he treats the rest of us like dirt I think there is something to be said also!

Ok, so here is my deal....our group has seats in front of an older gentleman and his companion (he maybe in his late 50's early 60's)...this guy and his companion have NO physical aliments whatsoever. Ever since the new stadium opened up this man and who ever is with him have been very disrespectful. He will cheer for the Gophers and expect us to high five him when they do something good, but the minute the Gophers do something bad he is yelling profanity at the field. This guy absolutely hates when we stand for 3rd or 4th downs or big plays....he also hates it when we stand for the kickoff. He often yells many profanities at us....tell me who really wants to sit down at a football game during big plays or downs when he and his companion are yelling profanities at you???? NOT MANY PEOPLE! He is constantly very demeaning towards women, and ethnic people. He is constantly saying that women do not have a place in this world (and even more graphic stuff too bad to mention) and also that people of a different race than himself (he is Caucasian) are lower and don't deserve to be on the field or in the stadium. I have often felt bad that someone could actually think this way, but now it's starting to get really annoying and out of control! Last week was the last straw when this man and his companion started acting like they were in first grade again by kicking off our chair backs, and even pouring water and beverages on our seats so that when we would sit down after a major play we would have wet pants. Others around him have asked him why he even holds season tickets for the Gophers when he hates them SO much and he really doesn't have an answer other than, "I can". I understand that but don't get why you would waste you money on people you despise SO MUCH! In reading many of your posts I think you don't understand the type of guy we are dealing with....I am all for respecting your elders, but when he treats the rest of us like dirt I think there is something to be said also!

Sounds like a job for securtity

Can't stand people that are always up and down while the play is being run. You can't watch anything but the results of a play when that happens. Might as well be watching the game on TV.

do you notice that most of the fans are standing the entire football game between ohio st and wisconsin....i guess they know what a college football atmosphere is

The U-
Have you been to a game in Madison? I have been there for the last 5 gopher games and sat in 5 different sections and never once has there been anyone in those sections that has stood the whole game. I asked my friends that go to a lot of Becky games and the 3 of them that have season tickets stated they will stand on 3rd down, only the student section stands the whole game. I was there last weekend and never even had to stand on 3rd down or any other dow. Now I am by no means advocating standing or sitting but those shots on TV are shots of the student section.

the u said in the OP: """"...i am so sick of the old people ...""""

Lest you forget, it was old people who invented computers and the internet. All you get is updates and improvements.

Top Bottom