OL

Gopherchase

Reaction score
Losing to Iowa is obviously tough for tons of our fans. It’s particularly grating for me because a lot of my college football buddies are from Iowa and are rabid Hawkeyes fans. Of course, I heard from all of them after the game yesterday and they had nothing but good things to say about Mo, but actually they were shocked at how our OL handled their front 7. When I think back on the game, obviously Mo looked great but he did get into the second level a ton without getting touched and we’re talking a solid D line and two linebackers that could potentially be All Americans, so I thought that the big fellas upfront needed their own thread with a shout out.

I agree. It's what makes this all so frustrating. For the 3rd time in 4 years, the Gophers outplayed Iowa by a good margin. The widest and clearest margin this time. And yet far too few points were scored for the way the game was played, and the Gophers still lost.

The Oline was great yesterday against a very good front 7! REALLY going to miss JM Schmitz next year. He is very good…Eslinger good but bigger. Carroll played well yesterday and that was exciting. Hope we have some guards ready to step up in addition to center for next year.

Hope Mo is 💯 next week as he’s -60 yards behind Brown for the rushing title in all FSB and is leading with 19 TDs - several chasing him with 18.

Would be cool for him to have a 175+ and 3TD performance and win both outright (hoping that will be enough).

Probably the first time a Gopher RB would win those 2 categories

Last edited:

It’s an interesting discussion. They did look good overall, but some of that is also Mo making them look good. RBs not named Mo had 6 Carries for 16 yards. I think Mos style complements the OL and vice versa in a way it doesn’t for the other 2.

OL was definitely not an issue yesterday. They played pretty well

From what I could tell Lewis held his own too when he came in yesterday. Assuming the starting tackles are back, gotta believe someone will move inside to guard.

#24 was most effective when he cut outside as the IA edge collapsed inside.
He has very good vision.
He had less luck running between tackles because IA sold out to stop him there.

Whole heartedly agree! The OL played well yesterday and have really gotten better here down the stretch.

OL was very effective against a truly elite defensive front 7. And next year should be fine. Kept Athan clean too. While I don’t know where we’ll be next year at skill positions, I think OL will be a strength (against a very tough schedule). We need Evans and the two new RBs to mature quickly. Next year, KC and PJ will actually have to coach and game plan on offense. Can’r just run Mo 40 times.

Top Bottom