OL Update ?

It seems to sort of be in flux a little because of injury and competition. But here is what I have thought so far, I could easily be wrong.

LT: Olson - Campion
LG: Bunders - Marek Lenkiawicz
C: Wynn (injured) - Mottla - Epping
RG: Orton - Olson
RT: Gjere -Ferguson - F. Bush

LT- E Olson - Ferguson
LG- Bunders - T Olson
C- Wynn - Epping - Mottla
RG- Orton - Campion
RT- Gjere - Campion

Not to disagree with you too much CRG, but it seems (or did) that Ferguson was definitely backing up Gjere. We've heard that Ferguson subbed in for him on occasion and sometimes even running with the first team at RT (Gjere's spot).

Mottla has also been running with the first team since Wynn has been injured. Maybe with all the fumbling, Epping took that spot, but I didn't see that anywhere.

Gjere-Fergusion

Bunders - Campion ( still out) or Epping

Wynn or Mottla- Epping

Orton- Olson or Epping ( they might redshirt Olson...I would)

Ed Olson- Lekweintz (SP)

I have been to a few of the practices this week and Mottla has been the 1st string Center. Campion will have a role, but not sure when he will be back from injury. I would redshirt Olson, because no one expects much this year so why waste a year. He is a beast and will be really good.

LT- E Olson - Ferguson
LG- Bunders - T Olson
C- Wynn - Epping - Mottla
RG- Orton - Campion
RT- Gjere - Campion
Close, but Campion has been out. Ferguson is number 2 at RT, and Bush is backing him up. Wynn has missed most of the week and Mottla has played. Wynn is a lot bigger than either of the backups and will be a loss if he is not back b/4 USC, no shot at the backups intended. The same is probably true if Campion does not get back for the USC game and Orton were to get hurt, big size reduction to third group RG.

Not to disagree with you too much CRG, but it seems (or did) that Ferguson was definitely backing up Gjere. We've heard that Ferguson subbed in for him on occasion and sometimes even running with the first team at RT (Gjere's spot).

Mottla has also been running with the first team since Wynn has been injured. Maybe with all the fumbling, Epping took that spot, but I didn't see that anywhere.

Fergie subbed in at RT, because Campion had moved over to RG since Orton's been banged up (remember at the beginning of camp it was the Gjere/Campion battle for RT) & then he too got banged up. Campion will be the #1 sub at both RG & RT imo. They'd like to dstart Campion because he's that good but he provides depth at two positions so he has much value there. Fergie is running at #2 RT, but will be #3 at both LT & RT come regular season. I imagine they'd slide Gjere over to LT, with Campion taking RT if Eddie Olson got hurt.

Epping is the #2 center, ahead of #3 Mottla & Chrsitenson the walk-on from Minnetonka. Cut 'n' Paste from a GI.com practice on Thursday....

"With Wynn out, the Zac Epping moved to first team center, with Zach Mottla second team. Jon Christenson, a walk-on from Minnetonka, was also snapping the ball in drills. Christenson has been a pleasant surprise, he has impressed in drills and has the size and ability to contribute during his career."

Fergie subbed in at RT, because Campion had moved over to RG since Orton's been banged up (remember at the beginning of camp it was the Gjere/Campion battle for RT) & then he too got banged up. Campion will be the #1 sub at both RG & RT imo. They'd like to dstart Campion because he's that good but he provides depth at two positions so he has much value there. Fergie is running at #2 RT, but will be #3 at both LT & RT come regular season. I imagine they'd slide Gjere over to LT, with Campion taking RT if Eddie Olson got hurt.

Epping is the #2 center, ahead of #3 Mottla & Chrsitenson the walk-on from Minnetonka. Cut 'n' Paste from a GI.com practice on Thursday....

"With Wynn out, the Zac Epping moved to first team center, with Zach Mottla second team. Jon Christenson, a walk-on from Minnetonka, was also snapping the ball in drills. Christenson has been a pleasant surprise, he has impressed in drills and has the size and ability to contribute during his career."

Well on Thursday- Mottla practiced with the 1st string and today #62 scrimmaged with the first string. I think GI. had Brookes Michal and Ragoo in the depth chart as well. A lot of these blog guys shoot from the hip. I saw what I saw and if you read Pioneer Press and Star Tribune they have Mottla with the one's and no mention of Christenson. Bak was snapping with the 3rd string today at the scrimmage.

I know I'm going to get reemed for this comment, but do you think Wynn can really stay healthy for the whole or even half the year. He has either really bad luck or is pretty injury prone.

Wrestler Jake Filkins was the long snapper. Ramlet was hurt--who was the backup LS?

I know I'm going to get reemed for this comment, but do you think Wynn can really stay healthy for the whole or even half the year. He has either really bad luck or is pretty injury prone.

Was just asking myself..."Is he injury prone, or has it just been one, never-ending back injury?

http://maplegrove.patch.com/article...tandout-ryan-wynn-hopes-for-big-gopher-season

Here is an article about Ryan Wynn from his hometown paper. It doesn't shed much light into exactly what held him out last year but it was described as a handful of injuries or something like that.

Him staying healthy would be very important to us this season. I have mostly heard of Mottla running with the 2's but it sounds like Epping is very much in the mix. However, I think it's safe to say at this point in their respective careers Wynn is an upgrade over both of them.

Top Bottom