OL Report: Purdue 1st half

GFBfan

Reaction score
Took me a little time to finish this as the first part of the game wasn't on my recording. Had to wait to record the 60 minute version on BTN, but that wasn't easy to find as it wasn't listed as a BTN in 60 game.

The Running game:
Andries: 80% on 10 plays
Olson: 100% on 10 plays
JMS: 80% on 10 plays.
Dunlop: 100% on 8 plays
Faalele: 90% on 10 plays
Schlueter: 50% on 10 plays
Ruschmeyer: 100% on 1 play
Kieft: 100% on 5 plays.
BSF: 75% on 4 plays

The Passing game
Andries: 114% on 7 plays
Olson: 89% on 9 plays
JMS: 100% on 9 plays
Dunlop: 100% on 5 plays
Faalele: 67% on 9 plays
Schlueter: 56% on 9 plays
Kieft: 100% on 2 plays

Overall comment would be a lack of plays for the half. 4 play TD drive that went R, P, R, P, then two 3 and outs with R, R, P, another 3 and out that was R, P, P, then a 6 play drive for a FG of R, P, R, R, P, P.
With these ratings, we should have been better in the first half. Have to mix up the first down call some and give the offense a chance.
Sam struggled again this week in both areas and Daniel still had problems in the passing game with the DT/DE twist. He was a little better in recognition of it but didn't always react quick enough to it.

Thanks for doing this! Dunlap has received some criticism along the way...nice to see him grading out well. Schlueter seems to be struggling in year six at 24 years of age....might be time to give those plays to someone else?
I think Daniel will continue to improve.

Schlueter seems to be struggling in year six at 24 years of age....might be time to give those plays to someone else?
LT is a pretty critical position for dropback passing, granted we try not to do much of that.

Who would be the best candidate? Keep Dunlap in at RG full-time and put Andries at LT full-time? Put Andries at RT and move big Dan to LT? That would be a big shake-up.

LT is a pretty critical position for dropback passing, granted we try not to do much of that.

Who would be the best candidate? Keep Dunlap in at RG full-time and put Andries at LT full-time? Put Andries at RT and move big Dan to LT? That would be a big shake-up.
I like Andries at LT. Andries, Olson, JMS, Dunlop, Faalele as the starters and Sam comes in as the extra blocker.

The second half we were able to sustain a few drives which gave us more plays.

The Running game:
Andries: 89% on 19 plays
Olson: 95% on 20 plays
JMS: 95% on 20 plays.
Dunlop: 69% on 16 plays
Faalele: 80% on 20 plays
Schlueter: 65% on 20 plays
Ruschmeyer: 89% on 9 plays
Kieft: 105% on 19 plays.
BSF: 100% on 1 play

The Passing game
Andries: 92% on 12 plays
Olson: 69% on 13 plays
JMS: 77% on 13 plays
Dunlop: 25% on 4 plays
Faalele: 92% on 13 plays
Schlueter: 92% on 13 plays
Kieft: 75% on 8 plays

Biggest takeaway from the second half was Curtis didn't play as much when we were throwing the ball as #58 of Purdue had his number using a multitude of moves on him, but Blaise had more success in keeping him away from Tanner. Daniel also played really well in the second half. His footwork is what gets him in trouble the most, but when he's moving and he sticks out an arm on any defensive player, they usually get knocked backwards and sometimes go flying to the ground no matter how big or small they are.
Purdue tried to hold our OL as they tried to climb from the DL to the LB's, got caught twice for it and could have been called a few more times. Was great when they would then show J Brohm on the sideline with this dumbfounded look on his face, like he had no idea that something like that could ever happen. DL don't do that type of thing unless they are coached up. Cheaters!

Great info. How is a grade over 100% achieved?

Kieft whiffed on a block on a wildcat run that would have been a TD. Missed his guy and that guy made the tackle. 4th quarter. Gophers final possession. Not sure how that gets him over 100%

Not a typo. Grading is this. -1 for a complete miss, no contact. 0 for doing nothing on a play or a stalemate at spot, 1 makes a block or shields defender for a length of time 2 Completely destroys the guy, runs him down the field throughout the play or takes out more than one defender.
During the second half there were two plays in which Ko buried his guy, getting a 2 rating, thus a percent grade above 100. I went back and looked at that play in the 4th quarter and initially gave him a 1 on it as he did make contact, but it wasn't good contact, so I should have given him a 0 on it, since he made contact and did move the guy slightly it wasn't a -1. I adjusted the grade, which changes his overall % to 100 for the second half.

Top Bottom