OL Report: Maryland 1st Half

GFBfan

Reaction score
Another fine half of play from the OL. That is 3 straight quarters of dominating the LOS. Can't wait to see how the second half went as I'm sure it will be a 4th straight since we finished the game with 23 running plays.
I believe there is something to the OL playing better and the departure of Curtis. Not that he was a bad OL, but the switching spots, playing some then resting really didn't allow the OL to gel into a cohesive group. My opinion is they did that to try and keep all the OL who had played significantly in prior years happy and that was not a good move, finally realized that it was better to have guys in one spot and Curtis was the odd man out, thus the transfer. They move more in unison now and are better at picking up DL twists.
Tip of the hat to Connor for starting his 52nd game.
A couple of observations from the half. Ko wasn't on the field as much and he also was part of the passing game when we did throw. He ran some routes rather than staying in to block and even had a nice catch along the sideline. BSF played more and had his best game of run blocking yet. We only used 6 OL all half, the fewest of the year. Axel played very well at that spot and Nick Kallerup came in on a few plays and is going to be a good one for us in the future as the replacement to Ko. All three backs did a very nice job of reading blocks and finding yards. They were more decisive in their reads and cuts and didn't have the hesitation that they showed in prior weeks (Ky and Bucky mainly)

The Running game:
Andries: 100% on 28 plays
Olson: 96% on 28 plays:
JMS: 86% on 28 plays.
Faalele: 89% on 28 plays
Schlueter: 75% on 28 plays
Ruschmeyer: 86% on 14 plays
Kieft: 100% on 17 plays.
BSF: 83% on 12 play
Kallerup: 100% on 2 plays

The Passing game
Andries: 70% on 10 plays
Olson: 80% on 10 plays
JMS: 70% on 10 plays
Faalele: 90% on 10 plays
Schlueter: 80% on 10 plays
Kieft: 50% on 2 plays
BSF: 100% on 2 plays

Not many pass plays, but when we did, our OL did an excellent job of giving Tanner time to throw. There were only two bad blocks of the 54 total 1 on 1 match ups when we passed the ball. Maryland tried to stunt like Bowling Green, but we picked it up, were able to pass DL off and help each other out quite well all half.

Top Bottom