Oklahoma transfer RB Marcus Major commits

Major looks like a very good player who hasn’t been healthy. Had some key performances for Oklahoma. But always hurt. Hopefully he can perform here and stay healthy.

Major Major commitment?
Major Major Major commitment

Major Major had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.
- Joseph Heller

Nice to have some depth. Benefits to the portal too I guess. I still hate it😅

Love it, but wonder how Bangura is going to react....one of him or Majors would be down to RB3. Could see another decommit as a possibility.

I am glad we picked up what appears to be a solid RB. But I can't be the only one who is just going to wait to see who actually shows up on the first day of practice, right? Just too many commits, de-commits, etc. And not just here... all across college football. I'll root hard for whoever is in uniform in August. I hope Major is among them.

Need a pair and a spare, if you're gonna Mason-ball the offense, as Fleck dreams about.

I believe he was Oklahoma's starter going into last year but got a bit banged up. For Oklahoma, he was the guy that showed flashes of being their next great running back but just never put it together here.

I have no idea if this is the case with Fife or the guy from DL, but some of this portal guys who back out of their commitments have academic issues (certain credits don't qualify, they commit during finals, etc.) that cannot be properly vetted prior to NSD. Again, I have no idea if that was the case with those guys. With this guy, being a grad transfer who spent his entire time at Oklahoma prior to coming here, I think there is less of a chance that'll be an issue.

Don't want to be too hyperbolic but we might have a top 5 RB room in college football next year. Taylor Major Bangura Nubin is ridiculous!
If we keep with the "run a single back into the ground" philosophy we will need it! Regardless, this is a good depth pickup.

Don't want to be too hyperbolic but we might have a top 5 RB room in college football next year. Taylor Major Bangura Nubin is ridiculous!
I just hope we can use them all to the best of their abilities.

I think one issue we ran into with guy's like Mo is we had run plays with delayed runs where Mo read the developing blocks and defense like a book and DOMINATED. But runners who needed more in the way of outright speed hitting the hole / couldn't read the defense as well ... just couldn't get going because the Mo run plays just didn't fit their skill set.

Granted having a whole set of plays for every RB and making the OL deal with that and so on is no small ask either, I don't pretend that's a magic solution.

Reactions: Rex

Assuming this sticks, this is really important. With M. Williams, Evans leaving and B. Williams graduating, the RB room was a bit thin, considering how much we run and how often we blow through 4+ RB's in a season. How many predicted carries, what the RB depth chart is honestly doesn't matter a ton. RB's get banged up and their carries will likely be mostly dependent on their health (unless they have a complete inability to hold on to the ball).

Top Bottom