Oklahoma State and the polls

DL65

Reaction score
I wonder how much if any of last night's debacle against Savannah State (OSU - 84 and SSU - 0) will play in polls.

What did they (team) learn from a game like that? I hope the money was good for Savannah State . . . I'm sure it was.

Go Gophers!!

As I understand it, Savannah State was a late add due to a schedule change. Absolute sacrificial lamb. The Okie St. starters were pulled very early in the 2nd Q. They played something like 95 - 98 players. The last 6 (?) touchdowns came on running plays. Short of punting on first down, or taking a knee beginning the 3rd. quarter, they was little else OSU could have done.

I hate teams that run up the score, but it seems like they did the best they could, given the circumstances.

Yeah, not all FCS teams are created equal and Savannah State is at about the bottom (1-10 last year I believe). Now they play Florida State (who's oppening with consecutive FCS teams) next week so not much relief in sight.

OK State's coach might be thinking about last year when they missed out on the BCS Championship Game.

Oh come on. They just thought they were Nebraska.:(

Being a sacrificial lamb for $385,000 to your Athletic Budget is not highly recommended in the Book of Job.

As I understand it, Savannah State was a late add due to a schedule change. Absolute sacrificial lamb. The Okie St. starters were pulled very early in the 2nd Q. They played something like 95 - 98 players. The last 6 (?) touchdowns came on running plays. Short of punting on first down, or taking a knee beginning the 3rd. quarter, they was little else OSU could have done.

I hate teams that run up the score, but it seems like they did the best they could, given the circumstances.

Exactlly. They emptied nearly their entire bench.

SSU has went 4-72 against FCS (Yeah that's right, FCS!) competition. they are beyond bad. Their head coach even commended Mike Gundy's class on how he handled the game, saying it could of been much much worse.

FWIW former Pro Bowl Falcons WR Terrance Mathis is the OC.

Top Bottom