okafor may cost us tyus jones

The Package Deal was Humphries and his Father.

(Of course, Chris would go onto a better package deal with Bimbo Kim, but that is a topic for another type of website.)

checked and he was not top five. But we have had a few very talented players from MN that signed at the U over the past 15 years.

Humphries, Rickert and Przybilla were all top 10 to 15 guys coming out of HS.

http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruits_by_state/MN?top=10

No one is arguing that we haven't, we are saying that it might be hard to get Tyus because of Okafor, who is another top5 player, and he doesn't seem to have any interest in our program, I don't think the program has ever gotten highly ranked player out of state, and with them saying they want to play together, it might make it hard to get Tyus.

Way I see it, Tyus and Okafor, will exchange lists of schools they are interested in, eliminate the ones that they don't both have and make a decision from the schools they are both interested in, if they do indeed want to commit together.

I know everyone wants Tyus to come here, including I, but people should also keep an eye out for Dominique Collier from Colorado, he is listed as SG on espn, but is actually a PG. I saw him play last season when I visited family in Colorado, and this kid is impressive. Don't get me wrong, he is no Tyus, but if we end up with Dominique Collier instead of Tyus, I would not be disappointing. He has a lot of good offers, but nothing like what Tyus has, which gives me hope we can land him. I doubt many people would thrilled if we lose out on Tyus and end up with Dominique Collier, but any other year, we would be saying Tubby hit a homerun with this recruit. Dominique Collier would be my 3rd biggest want for the class of 2014, behind Tyus and Rashad, (obviously, I wouldn't want him if tyus commits here, in that case go after a Big man)

ESPN recruiting lists the gophers as offering six 2014 prospects ... Okafor is not one of them, maybe winona should inform ESPN that folks down in winona know more about who the Gophs have tendered official offers to than their well connected paid experts. THE SCOUT!

You should change your name to THE RESEARCH!

Top Bottom