OK Smart Guys - See if you can do better

diefirma

Reaction score
Last year I picked Wright and Eldred to have breakout years.

Meh.

OK, so I'm not the best prognosticator of individual talent but lets see if you can do better. Rules - there are no rules except the idea is to pick a couple people who will surprise this year. If you pick Hageman, for example, he would have to be named ALL WORLD D TACKLE to surprise since everyone expects him to be good. Same with Nelson and other obvious names.

My picks for this year - Wolitarsky and McDonald. I think DW will get a lot of short and medium passes thrown his way because he can catch anything. I think McDonald will see the light after being kicked out of school for a semester. It worked for me anyway.

OK, Smart Guys - your turn

im going with our entire defense. and then edwards for offense.

Offense: Harbison & Maxx Williams
Defense: Eric Murray & Thieran Cockran (similar to Wilhite #'s)

Theiren Cockran will have at least nine sacks. Kirkwood will rush for 1,009.

On Offense it's going to be Harbison and on D I'm going to say one of the JUCO LB's mainly Damian Wilson because I think that they are that much better than RALLIS.

We need 11 on each side of the ball to have breakout years for us to get 7-8 wins.

I have a feeling that Jack Lynn will be a significant piece on our defense by the end of the year. On offense it better be Nelson, and I think it will be.

I have a feeling that Jack Lynn will be a significant piece on our defense by the end of the year. On offense it better be Nelson, and I think it will be.

I'll do the unthinkable and go along with JD. Here's to hoping you're right because if so, we'll have a BIG year in the B1G!

Go Gophers!

I'll do the unthinkable and go along with JD. Here's to hoping you're right because if so, we'll have a BIG year in the B1G!

Go Gophers!

Why is going along with me unthinkable? I'm a freakin' Genyious!

Offense: Max Williams and McDonald
Defense: Brock Vereen and Nick Rallis (a real flyer, I know)

Offense - Wolitarski
Defense - Wells

Offense: Kirkwood and Fruechte
Defense: Cochran and Wells
Wells is looking to change to corner, where his coverage skills should shine.

Kirkwood should get plenty of more carries since our QBs shouldn't be running the ball as much as the last couple years.

Cochran because the coaches say he is fast and strong, and wilhite came out of nowhere last year and did a good job and I think Cochran will be the one to pull it off this time.

Fruechte, is just a wild guess. But I have a feeling one of our upperclassmen receivers is going to be the goto guy, and harbison, McDonald and Wolitarski still have some learning to do.

Sorry about misspellings. I am on the subway on my phone.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Offense: Kirkwood and Fruechte
Defense: Cochran and Wells
Wells is looking to change to corner, where his coverage skills should shine.

Kirkwood should get plenty of more carries since our QBs shouldn't be running the ball as much as the last couple years.

Cochran because the coaches say he is fast and strong, and wilhite came out of nowhere last year and did a good job and I think Cochran will be the one to pull it off this time.

Fruechte, is just a wild guess. But I have a feeling one of our upperclassmen receivers is going to be the goto guy, and harbison, McDonald and Wolitarski still have some learning to do.

Sorry about misspellings. I am on the subway on my phone.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Based on nothing except what I read on the interweb and see on TV...

Offense: Lincoln Plsek - looks like a physical beast, said to be a mature young man, and with some seasoning he should come into his own as a sophomore.

Defense: Ben Perry - I thought this guy would make a big jump as a sophomore last year, but I was mistaken - I jumped the gun by one year. He has had time to mature and improve, and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by his performance in 2013.

Offense:
TE-I really like the Gopher TE's because this offense can really use them in effective ways. I thnk Maxx Williams will have a big year. Plesik and Goodger aregood players as well but Williams I think is more well rounded.

WR-Harbison will have a chance to be the go to guy. Some of the other talent we have will be more deep threats but Harbison is the guy who runs good routes and I think he has a great chance to do some of the same things last years top pass catcher did but with more upside long term.

Defense:
LB-Wilson is going to have every chance to be a difference maker at MLB. For the Gophers Defense to be really effective we need him to have a pretty big year.

CB- Wells is going to be at CB so I put him on this list. Last year he made some big plays but was up and down IMO. I think this season he has a more effectice all around year and is more consistant.

Harbison on O-Just looked comfortable catching everything and making guys miss in the spring game.
C. Thompson on D- Big hitter that's around the ball alot. I think he ends up being a standout at safety.

Harbison on O-Just looked comfortable catching everything and making guys miss in the spring game.
C. Thompson on D- Big hitter that's around the ball alot. I think he ends up being a standout at safety.

I really hope this is the case. Couldn't happen to a better person!

Jack Lynn and Rodrick Williams. Its as simple as run the ball, and stop the run.

Top Bottom