Ohio State WR: Buckeyes would 'wipe the field' with Tide, Noles

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Urban Meyer has placed his Buckeyes at No. 2 on his ballot all season. The coaches' poll factors into the BCS standings.

Players' opinions do not amount to as much. However, Ohio State receiver Evan Spencer believes the Buckeyes can compete with Alabama and Florida State, the two teams ranked ahead of Meyer's bunch in the BCS.

"I'm a little biased, but I think we'd wipe the field with both of them," Spencer said.

The junior said he watched Alabama's 38-17 triumph against LSU on Saturday night and Stanford's 26-20 upset of Oregon two evenings earlier.

"I was the biggest Cardinal fan for three hours," Spencer said. "We needed a little bit of help, but at the same time, we still have to take care of our business and we have to go out there and show them why we're one of the best offenses in the country and show them why we have one of the best defenses in the country and why we have the best kicking game in the country."

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/11/ohio_state_receiver_evan_spenc.html

Go Gophers!!

Hahahahaha

Okay, I would fully expect him to say they would win, no argument there, and that's more than fair. But seriously dude..."wipe the field"? That's just ridiculous.

More likely they'd be exposed as frauds as they lost by 40, but that's just my opinion. Probably right around as valid as his...

His actual quote (per the Cbus Dispatch writer):

"I guess I'm a little bit biased. But I think we'd wipe the floor with both of them, but that's just my bias speaking." He laughed.

Can I get an opinion from someone who actually matters to the Buckeyes? This guy has like 200 yards receiving and 3 TDs (and 2 TDs came against FAMU).

After watching both teams quite a few times. I think Alabama could win the game going out of the I Form all game. Run right, run left, playaction. Bama is way too strong for OSU

like him saying it. shows at least he wants it

Tell your AD to start scheduling Alabama, or Florida State, Or Oregon, in the non conference schedule rather than Florida A&M, or Akron. Until you step up an play somebody, keep your mouth shut.

Tell your AD to start scheduling Alabama, or Florida State, Or Oregon, in the non conference schedule rather than Florida A&M, or Akron. Until you step up an play somebody, keep your mouth shut.

Florida State scheduled Bethune Cookman this season.

and who in the non conf did that this year??? i'm going to guess when OSU scheduled Cal they didn't think they'd be schedule the toilet team of the Pac

The Cal series was announced in 2006 when the Bears were a preseason top 10 pick by the AP.

The AD has scheduled Texas, USC, Washington, Colorado, Miami (Fl), Cincinnati since 2006.

And scheduled Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, North Carolina (!), TCU, Cincinnati in the next six years. Four of the six years has two BCS teams on the schedule, while the two that don't feature Va Tech one year and Oklahoma in the other.

In 6 of their games, OSU gave up 34, 30, 35, 41, 34, and 40. Not even remotely championship material.

Either that or so would Clemson. OSU on a 2 game losing streak. So sad too f'ing bad.

2 game losing streak, just like Alabama....

MSU should haver played for the National title.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this Spencer fella.

0389e2043d84c5a48362892147741a843bff7ad3444eb8ad061bb9a456dd9e71.jpg

It's a shame they didn't beat Sparty. They would have played FSU and not the vastly superior Clemson Tiger team. Better luck next year.

Top Bottom