Ohio State voted 2020 Big Ten favorite in cleveland.com Preseason Poll (BT West: #2. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Cleveland.com:

BIG TEN WEST

1. Wisconsin
221 points (19)
2. Minnesota 209.5 (14)
3. Iowa 157 points
4. Nebraska 117 points
5. Purdue 105 points
6. Northwestern 87.5 points (1)
7. Illinois 55 points

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS

Ohio State over Wisconsin (19)
Ohio State over Minnesota (13)

Go Gophers!!

True statement. Bucky is the big dog. And we still need to account of Herky. I just get irritated when I see prognosticators talking up Nebraska.

True statement. Bucky is the big dog. And we still need to account of Herky. I just get irritated when I see prognosticators talking up Nebraska.
Right?? Like, go vote for Tennessee to win the SEC next. hahaha

I mean, I could see anyone picking anyone except northwestern and Illinois to be honest
Optimism in Evanston:
1. They were really young last year and by default return the most players of anyone in the conference
2. They were hurt by the fact that they could not figure out the QB position last year to save their life, and people like Peyton Ramsey (B10 conf freshman team honors, All B10 honorable mention accolade)

Hard to come back from 3-9, but Fitzgerald can coach and those 2 reasons in combination w that are reasons for optimism.

Optimism in Evanston:
1. They were really young last year and by default return the most players of anyone in the conference
2. They were hurt by the fact that they could not figure out the QB position last year to save their life, and people like Peyton Ramsey (B10 conf freshman team honors, All B10 honorable mention accolade)

Hard to come back from 3-9, but Fitzgerald can coach and those 2 reasons in combination w that are reasons for optimism.
Fitz said after last season that they would’ve won 9 games if they had even average passing efficiency.

Guessing he wascounting our game with them as a win. I don’t know about that, but I will give that they played us tough. A lot tougher than perhaps even the score shows. Granted, our first three opponents also played us tough.

I think Frost and the Nebraska big boys will (should) suffer at least one more utterly embarrassing season. I think we’ll see Illinois on top of Neb.

Optimism in Evanston:

Coach Fitzgerald’s record:
14 seasons, 6 at or below .500 overall
Second half of his tenure (last 7 years) 47-40 (31-29)

I think expecting them to be solid and better than 3-9 is reasonable. But expecting them to win the west is a stretch

Fitz said after last season that they would’ve won 9 games if they had even average passing efficiency.

Guessing he wascounting our game with them as a win. I don’t know about that, but I will give that they played us tough. A lot tougher than perhaps even the score shows. Granted, our first three opponents also played us tough.
Did fitz say that? Imagine if Jerry kill had said ‘yeah, this dink blew it.’

I think expecting them to be solid and better than 3-9 is reasonable. But expecting them to win the west is a stretch
Agree

Definitely a stretch

Just giving a reason for why someone may think they have a chance

Better than Mason with higher overall academic standards!

(Yes, every program, including the Ivies, have their ‘get in no matter what list’. However, the other percentage of the roster does have to meet a standard for admission).

Better than Mason with higher overall academic standards!

(Yes, every program, including the Ivies, have their ‘get in no matter what list’. However, the other percentage of the roster does have to meet a standard for admission).
And I wouldn’t pick mason to win the west either

Top Bottom