Ohio State starting center OUT for tonight.

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Could be significant with a freshman QB.

Attachments

• 6AE2D677-181E-4A6E-AA6A-C389E4DE5450.jpeg
    6AE2D677-181E-4A6E-AA6A-C389E4DE5450.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 19

Pinckney smiles!
Pinckney is a 3-tech, and should have fairly limited contact (one-on-one at least) with their center.

Carter and MDT are 1-tech. But even they aren't lining directly over the center. They'll engage with a center-guard double-team often, or mainly the guard one-one-one.

Regardless, point taken!

Eleven Warriors isn't sure of the source. Should be confirmed at 4 or so when the starting line-up is released?

OSU could be missing their entire 2-deep and still put a team on the field with more 'talent' than Minnesota. Not getting my hopes up for this game until the Gophers are ahead by 2 scores with less than 2 minutes left.

Pinckney is a 3-tech, and should have fairly limited contact (one-on-one at least) with their center.

Carter and MDT are 1-tech. But even they aren't lining directly over the center. They'll engage with a center-guard double-team often, or mainly the guard one-one-one.

Regardless, point taken!
someone else correct me if I'm mistaken -- but I believe that on the 3rd down package they have Niles lined up over center.

He must be a slug. Top 100 player. #1 player out of New Jersey. #2 center prospect in 2020. Scholar Athlete Award winner. Not on Gophers radar as a recruit or Minnesota not on his radar?

someone else correct me if I'm mistaken -- but I believe that on the 3rd down package they have Niles lined up over center.
Well, a 1-tech is technically shaded on the center, not exactly head up (0-tech, like a traditional 3-4 defense).

Would make sense if they went with highest speed/pass-rush moves on obvious passing situations.

OSU could be missing their entire 2-deep and still put a team on the field with more 'talent' than Minnesota. Not getting my hopes up for this game until the Gophers are ahead by 2 scores with less than 2 minutes left.
Who has the ball? If it’s us, it’s over! RUTM

Top Bottom