Ohio State sees lowest home turnout in 50 years for Tulsa game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Tyler:

Ohio State is off to a slow start this season; they are 2-1 with wins over Minnesota and Tulsa and a loss to now No.3 Oregon.

In the two wins against Minnesota and Tulsa, the Buckeyes did not look all that impressive. They beat the Golden Gophers 45-31 on the road and defeated the Golden Hurricane 41-20 at home.

They looked pretty bad in their home loss to the Ducks 35-28, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Ohio Stadium, nicknamed the Horseshoe holds just under 105,000 people. On Saturday many people did not show up to support their team against inferior opponent Tulsa.

Go Gophers!!

Seeing a lot of OSU fans saying they would attend if ticket prices were lower. Seems OSU's AD isn't quite hitting the optimal calculation of price vs demand.

<insert my personal gripes> is causing this!

But I think it is something that likely is just a factor of there being a hell of a lot of other options out there when we talk about filling up 100k seats... attendance has been wobbly a lot of places.

I think eventually we see all sports settle into a sort of baseball style where we don't expect sellouts every game, quite the opposite.

I'm bored out of my mind at live sporting events. Tailgating and heading home is the way to go! I guess I don't go to soccer games, but those are about the only live events I'd consider. Non-stop action. Now if we had a 5 second play clock, I would LOVE live football. But staring off into a distant field of no action for 30 seconds, only to see a few seconds of action before another 30 second wait, is just a big NO for me.

Top Bottom