Ohio State QB Justin Fields starts petition to relaunch Big Ten season

You are not familiar with the horrible job Walz did with Nursing Homes here in Minnesota?
You're not familiar with the horrible job Trump did on a national level are you?

You are not familiar with the horrible job Walz did with Nursing Homes here in Minnesota?

It would seem you have an overall competent governor in Minnesota who at least understands the nature of a pathogenic threat. Maybe not so much in Georgia.

on the "no vote" thing - makes perfect sense.

Presidents talk it over. take a straw poll. clear majority in favor of calling it off. so, they determine a consensus exists and make the announcement.

There was no "vote" per se, which gives each President the ability to say, if asked, "I did not vote to cancel the football season." But, they still indicated their preference, and then sent Warren out to make the announcement and deal with the fallout.

And BTW - if the Penn State AD wants an answer, shouldn't he start with the Penn State President?

Bateman has asthma. The cardiac abnormalities occur with every virus, nothing new.

As always, the players who don't want to play, don't have to play.
If you’re talking about viruses that cause myocarditis there are a significant number that have not been implicated in its pathogenesis.

If you’re talking about viruses that cause myocarditis there are a significant number that have not been implicated in its pathogenesis.
He doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about. Parroting some trashy tweet.

That’s what the cult does.

68% of German Covid-19 patients tested showed EKG or cardiac MRI abnormalities--even those without severe symptoms. Pretty scary if you are a high-end athlete hoping to get paid for your services in the NFL. Bateman understood this; hopefully more players will say "no thanks".

It’s amazing how demonstrably sloppy statistics gets trumpeted from the rooftops instead of appropriately labeled misinformation.

Edit: this is not to say heart complications are not an issue but that’s not a study to lean on.

Last edited:

right, we'll just replace em with scabs!

some of you sound like early-twentieth century robber barons: "their labor is duly rewarded for a days work with a days pay in Standard Corp chits that can be redeemed at the company store. don't like it, go work somewhere else" (meanwhile, we have colluded with government and other corporations to ensure you cant go work anywhere else)

Minor league football isn’t against the law. It’s just a bad business.

You're not familiar with the horrible job Trump did on a national level are you?
Keep your horrible political comments out of here. Pelosi said come on down to China Town. It's totally safe. Biden can't remember if he said anything. Trump closed up traveling before the idiot Pelosi comment!! MN Dem at your best I guess!! So you support the the peeps that are trashing Mpls, Seattle, Portland, NYC, DC, etc?!?! Keep your head buried in the sand that your mommy and daddy put in your sandbox!!

Aaaand, your last 10 posts are why everyone thinks you are a douche, and are on "ignore" 2X you nearest rival.

Please, dude. PLEASE. For the love of Pete, have an original freaking thought for once. Make some kind of contribution. Are you a bot? Literally, every post I see from you is pretty much the above or pushing someone else's political vitriol.

I have never seen a poster - and I've been on here since 1997 in the Jason Groth days - who has said so much without actually saying ANYTHING.

pretty funny that the progressives are siding with the management instead of the labor on this one.
I was going to say something similar. It's amazingly ironic that many of the folks that are always saying we need to empower the student athletes are now telling them to shut up and stay in their lane.

I was going to say something similar. It's amazingly ironic that many of the folks that are always saying we need to empower the student athletes are now telling them to shut up and stay in their lane.

You can support a student's choice not to play, and the school's too.

Neither can force the other to play.

It’s amazing how demonstrably sloppy statistics gets trumpeted from the rooftops instead of appropriately labeled misinformation.

Edit: this is not to say heart complications are not an issue but that’s not a study to lean on.

Appropriately labeled misinformation? You lost me there.

The reason for the decision is pretty self-evident, isn't it? There are 1.5 million active coronavirus infections in the United States and sporting events are not compatible with infection control. Each new infection costs the U.S.~$55,000 in lost productivity, potential medical cost, etc. Do the math on that one. Twenty years from now it will have hardly mattered that fall sports were shut down during 100 year epidemic. Should not even be a question.

I’m sure you have a source on that.
Appropriately labeled misinformation? You lost me there.

Slop numbers, inconsistent with other studies. Touted as gospel.

The reason for the decision is pretty self-evident, isn't it? There are 1.5 million active coronavirus infections in the United States and sporting events are not compatible with infection control. Each new infection costs the U.S.~$55,000 in lost productivity, potential medical cost, etc. Do the math on that one. Twenty years from now it will have hardly mattered that fall sports were shut down during 100 year epidemic. Should not even be a question.

This is not a 100 year pandemic. Not even close to Spanish Flu (1917-18), polio (~1950). Similar to Hong Kong flu seasons of 1957 and 1968.

Espn reporting Kiffin saying big ten players should be allowed to transfer without penalty. One argument he uses is that some players have a lot of money on the line and should be allowed control over their futures. In this regard, players in other conferences have an unfair advantage.

Espn reporting Kiffin saying big ten players should be allowed to transfer without penalty. One argument he uses is that some players have a lot of money on the line and should be allowed control over their futures. In this regard, players in other conferences have an unfair advantage.
Kiffin going to kick guys off his team then too?

Kiffin going to kick guys off his team then too?

Yeah, that would be an intetesting dynamic that coaches would need to be sensitive about.

Truth is big ten just shut down too early. Difficult for parents/kids/coaches to see other conferences going forward and making an attempt. Hopefully Mr. Fields has success but am afraid door has been closed.

I have no doubt that the players take deep, deep comfort in the fact that some of the folks on this board care more about their health and well-being more than the parents of the players who are advocating for them to play

I have no doubt that the players take deep, deep comfort in the fact that some of the folks on this board care more about their health and well-being more than the parents of the players who are advocating for them to play
Nobody thinks anyone cares about that.

What would people want done in that case?

Walz decide what homes have COIVD, what don't, and decide where people can or can't go?

Keep your horrible political comments out of here. Pelosi said come on down to China Town. It's totally safe. Biden can't remember if he said anything. Trump closed up traveling before the idiot Pelosi comment!! MN Dem at your best I guess!! So you support the the peeps that are trashing Mpls, Seattle, Portland, NYC, DC, etc?!?! Keep your head buried in the sand that your mommy and daddy put in your sandbox!!
LOL! You tell me to bug off and then you go on a ridiculous rant. My parents are deceased if that makes you feel better.

I guess it is because Kiffin needs fresh uninfected victims ... er I mean players:

This post is a few days old, but when I first read it, it grabbed my attention!

Last edited:

This post is a few days old, but when I first read it, it grabbed my attention!
I'm not holding my breath but am watching just to see what he claims is going on behind the scenes. If true, wow, but I haven't seen anything past his source saying any of this. All other reports seem to stem from him originally.

Top Bottom