Offseason Hot Take

It's a bit out here on GH...there was so much baseless speculation out here with all the field turf changes that it's become a running bit.
Appreciate the explanation. After reading a couple more responses I figured/hoped that was the case, but still wasn't sure.

Gophers unite all the Traveling trophies under one roof!
OyWb9CO.gif

I see Rutgers as a team similar to when the Gophers were gutted and left for dead under Brewster. Although Rutgers has a competent coach arriving on the scene, you may recall the Gophers did not go to the Holiday Bowl in Jerry Kill's first season at MN. In fact, there were some rock bottom moments under Kill (New Mexico State, and a loss to Div 2 North Dakota State, for example). It will take time. Perhaps Rutgers can hope to get a B1G win or two this season, which would turn heads. I don't think 6 B1G wins is realistic, at all.

I see Rutgers as a team similar to when the Gophers were gutted and left for dead under Brewster. Although Rutgers has a competent coach arriving on the scene, you may recall the Gophers did not go to the Holiday Bowl in Jerry Kill's first season at MN. In fact, there were some rock bottom moments under Kill (New Mexico State, and a loss to Div 2 North Dakota State, for example). It will take time. Perhaps Rutgers can hope to get a B1G win or two this season, which would turn heads. I don't think 6 B1G wins is realistic, at all.
Solid analysis of Rutgers, yet a cold take

It's a bit out here on GH...there was so much baseless speculation out here with all the field turf changes that it's become a running bit.
Explaining the bit takes the fun away. It’s the gift that keeps giving.

A couple hot takes from me:

Alabama misses the Playoffs again.
Michigan beats OSU, but OSU still wins the east with only 1 loss.
Iowa beats Wisconsin next year
Illinois wins 7+ games.

Mike Leach:

I think Mike is running from his own mess at Washington St. and his offense while it works gets really stuck in the mudd when defenses that can make adjustments / defensive coordinators who pay attention show up ... and Mike just took the latest job to cash out / run out the clock for a while before he retires.

Solid analysis of Rutgers, yet a cold take

What's interesting is that Rutgers is actually in a much more talent-rich market than the Gophers are. Honestly, with the right investments, they could be legit. Keep in mind that their "full cut" of B1G revenue doesn't kick in for another couple of years.

Nebraska will be picked as a favorite to win the West.

Not sure if I’m ready to take the OP’s action.

But I will tell you what: I’m pulling for Rutgers. Lot of loudmouths on here trashed them, and they need a big hot serving of crow shoved in those mouths! :cool:

I'm really worried this will increase the injury numbers however. Those things can be dangerous. My friend Bob Sacamano lost part of his pinky from one of those machines.
Bob Sacamano? I thought that was Kramer's friend.

GopherGuy20 or whatever alias he'll be using will be the first GH member convicted of cyber stalking another member.

Rutgers wins 9 games and makes the Camping World Bowl

Wins: Monmouth, Syracuse, Temple, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Nebraska, Maryland, and Michigan State.

Losses: OSU, Michigan and Penn State

I was unaware the B1G lost the affiliation with the Holiday Bowl, but I still like Rutgers in that spot

I was unaware the B1G lost the affiliation with the Holiday Bowl, but I still like Rutgers in that spot
Holiday Bowl might end up going away after the new stadium is built for SDSU... it's going to be a much smaller facility.... 35k. That's too small for a P5 matchup.

To bad, San Diego is a good destination.

Rutgers wins 9 games and makes the Holiday Bowl

Wins: Monmouth, Syracuse, Temple, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Nebraska, Maryland, and Michigan State.

Losses: OSU, Michigan and Penn State
The Drive for Five is alive in Piscataway. One more half like the first and the Scarlet Knights are four wins away from glory.

Top Bottom