***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
This pre-game post will be short, because not much needs to be said. I’m sick and tired of losing to wisconsin. It’s been 4 years since we beat them. We haven’t finished ahead of them in the standings since 1997. That’s beyond pathetic. FN PATHETIC.

It has to change. Johnson is Coyle’s pick to change it. Sure hope he can change it.

WIN THIS GAME.

GET ‘ ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the 1949-50 season…

The gophers are 68-62 in 130 matchups against wisconsin.

wisconsin has won 6 straight and is 34-9 in this Millennium.

The last Gopher win was 2/5/2020 @ The Barn. Gophers won 70-52, the largest gopher win in the series since 1994–which was the largest win in the series by either team at 37 (also won by 31 that season!)

4 gophers scored in double figures (Willis 21, Oturu 17, Carr 12 and Gabe 11). Alihan Demir started and added 7 points. I think this was the game I said I’d cancel my season tickets after. And I haven’t been back since.

Carr added 10 assists and 9 rebounds in a brilliant 40 minute effort. Big Dan secured 14 rebounds.

Reuvers (14), Porter (11), Ford (11) and Trice (10) led the BADgers.

Start fast, take and make good shots, stay out of foul trouble, protect the ball, guard the perimeter. Make the easy layups and rebound. Don’t waste fouls on Wahl and Crowl. just don’t make it too easy. Too much to ask? If it is we lose. Need Hawkins to play. I’ll be there. Go Gophers!

Last edited:

Since the 1949-50 season…

The gophers are 68-62 in 130 matchups against wisconsin.

wisconsin has won 6 straight and is 34-9 in this Millennium.

The last Gopher win was 2/5/2020 @ The Barn. Gophers won 70-52, the largest gopher win in the series since 1994–which was the largest win in the series by either team at 37 (also won by 31 that season!)

4 gophers scored in double figures (Willis 21, Oturu 17, Carr 12 and Gabe 11). Alihan Demir started and added 7 points. I think this was the game I said I’d cancel my season tickets after. And I haven’t been back since.

Carr added 10 assists and 9 rebounds in a brilliant 40 minute effort. Big Dan secured 14 rebounds.

Reuvers (14), Porter (11), Ford (11) and Trice (10) led the BADgers.
Up and Under - I suspect I will regret asking this, but . . . you see the GOPHERS beat wisconsin by 18 and you cancel your season tickets and have not been back since. This would lead one to believe you are a BADger fan and had your heart broken. But, you are a regular contributor on Gopherhole. So, I have to ask . . . WTH?

There are no "morale" victories against the BADgers. This has to be a win tonight. Get the W and faith can be restored in this staff for the time being. If we lose, it's likely we look back on this game as the nail in Ben's coffin. We need to beat them at their own game. Take care of the ball, play hard on defense, knock down open shots when presented. Watching back the last game again, the Gophers did not get many good looks within the flow of the offense. This needs to change and if you can't get fired up to do it against this team, someone needs to show this staff the exit to University Ave. LFG GOPHERS!

Previewing Wisconsin matchup in the Barn, we have the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY. Any combination thereof will determine the outcome of tonight's border battle.

The GOOD. Wisconsin defends close 2's and dunks VERY poorly, giving up FG% of 67.2% and 94.1% respectively. Conversely, Minnesota shoots close 2's and dunks VERY well, making 69.4% and 97%! Big advantage MN to expose a glaring Wisconsin liability.
Also, Wisconsin is known for not turning the ball over, and have a TO% at 15.1%. In Elijah Hawkins last 8 games, MN has a better turnover rate of 14.8%. We all hope he plays at 100% tonight.

The BAD. Wisconsin started the season shooting 3's poorly, but over the last 5 games, the Badgers are shooting 44.4% from behind the arc, an efficient 44-99.

The UGLY. Minnesota, from 3-pt distance over the last 5 games has averaged 26.7%, and despite this awful statistic, have shot 116 attempts making only 31.

The Barn should be rocking with students (hopefully from MN)! Go Gophers!

Up and Under - I suspect I will regret asking this, but . . . you see the GOPHERS beat wisconsin by 18 and you cancel your season tickets and have not been back since. This would lead one to believe you are a BADger fan and had your heart broken. But, you are a regular contributor on Gopherhole. So, I have to ask . . . WTH?

I can’t recall why I was upset. Or if it was even this game. Maybe cause they started Alihan? Who was the other chub bucket white transfer who sucked? My brain is broken. Edit: Brock Stull. Swore I’d be done with season tickets after he started a game. Wife “surprised” me by renewing. She loves sports. Wayyyyy more than I do. So it wasn’t this game. My bad. I liked Demir enough. Good euro dude.

Anyway—hiring Ben Johnson didn’t really entice me to continue to pay them money. Had a kid. Moved to the western edge of Hennepin county. Attended every home game for 5? years. Zero interest in attending now.

Said child wants to go to a basketball game. May take him to The Barn. Let him eat some popcorn and see Goldy. Maybe get a basketball or other souvenir. He’s fun. We spend all our free time together. Funny little dude—buying him a telescope for his birthday so we can look at stars and planets. Probably take my old man to the game. We go to football games together. Three generations. No living grandparents for me. Siblings don’t care about sports at all so my dad likes to attend with me and little man.

Not a badger fan in any sense of the word. Diehard gopher fan. But got sick of paying premium money for a shitty product. Still sick of following a shitty product. I’m jaded. This program is a mess. Fuck wisconsin.

Looking forward to another exciting border battle tonight! A great atmosphere, the "Barn" should be rocking. Good luck!

Last edited:

I can’t recall why I was upset. Or if it was even this game. Maybe cause they started Alihan? Who was the other chub bucket white transfer who sucked? My brain is broken. Edit: Brock Stull. Swore I’d be done with season tickets after he started a game. Wife “surprised” me by renewing. She loves sports. Wayyyyy more than I do. So it wasn’t this game. My bad. I liked Demir enough. Good euro dude.

Anyway—hiring Ben Johnson didn’t really entice me to continue to pay them money. Had a kid. Moved to the western edge of Hennepin county. Attended every home game for 5? years. Zero interest in attending now.

Said child wants to go to a basketball game. May take him to The Barn. Let him eat some popcorn and see Goldy. Maybe get a basketball or other souvenir. He’s fun. We spend all our free time together. Funny little dude—buying him a telescope for his birthday so we can look at stars and planets. Probably take my old man to the game. We go to football games together. Three generations. No living grandparents for me. Siblings don’t care about sports at all so my dad likes to attend with me and little man.

Not a badger fan in any sense of the word. Diehard gopher fan. But got sick of paying premium money for a shitty product. Still sick of following a shitty product. I’m jaded. This program is a mess. Fuck wisconsin.
I like the posts about your son. Take him to at least one of each sport, pro and college. You will never regret it. What matters is not the sport but your son and your memories.

Is Payne starting again?

He makes more FTs than when he comes off the bench.

Go Gophers! Beat those skunks!

Is Payne starting again?

He makes more FTs than when he comes off the bench.

Go Gophers! Beat those skunks!
I think we will see a starting lineup of Payne, Garcia, Christie, Mitchell and Hawkins tonight

Crowls going to drop 25 and 15 and either Storr or Klesmit is going to fill it up. Hope we can stop them, but we have no one that can guard Crowl.

Going to have to shoot the lights out to have a chance

I like the posts about your son. Take him to at least one of each sport, pro and college. You will never regret it. What matters is not the sport but your son and your memories.

We’ve been to a few gopher football games, many high school games, other college games. We’ll do it all. Hockey, baseball, etc. He loves going, it’s a thing we can share.

Appreciate you.

Top Bottom