***OFFICIAL WESTERN MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

yes, that's what I meant. If henley and ramberg are playing over samuels in game 1, i can't imagine samuels is gonna play much at all
I don’t know why many thought he would.

Nice run to end the half. Finally some movement and penetration. Looks like we have plenty of comfortable shooters too.

Cooper is a nice guard, but we’re going to struggle mightily with any team with speed. With all this length, they need to figure out how to create more turnovers and grab rebounds though.

Not good when our point guard is leading in rebounds. If we're going to start both Thompson and Garcia, we should be getting every rebound.

BTN Plus production is dreadful. They keep cutting away from live action to show replays. They have to stop. They should be paying me $9.99 per month to stomach this.

Team does not look good. Poor defense and poor rebounding. Offense stagnant.

Cooper looks good but we have no backup ball handlers and he will struggle with BIG guards.

Where did I say that? I think Battle is a ways away from coming back yet, meaning Henley is starting there for the foreseeable future. It would be between Carrington/Ramberg to start at the 2 when he's ready.
Gotcha, I see it more with Carrington and Henley splitting minutes with Battle taking Ramburgs spot. We will see.

I don’t know why many thought he would.
Experience mostly. I kinda figured that the senior would at least have enough experience to do the little things in order to earn minutes early on, but that eventually the freshmen would pass him.

1 half but nor should he. Honestly he reminds of Licklighters kid.

Ha, ha! He can't be THAT BAD! I remember John Lickliter. Played backup point on his dad's final Iowa team because of significant roster defections. Good God, that team was horrible.

Ha, ha! He can't be THAT BAD! I remember John Lickliter. Played backup point on his dad's final Iowa team because of significant roster defections. Good God, that team was horrible.
He just needs the oversized t shirt.

Ramburg already got the 13th scholarship, correct?

Do our non-Battle players play as hard as they did last year? Are they more talented than last year? I don't have access to the game and just looking for opinions. Thx.

All of that is fine, just saying he did get stronger. Doesn’t mean he’s Zeus or anything.
I would be shocked that if by Big ten season our rotation is not Garcia/Battle/Payne with Joseph getting some time at the 4. I could be wrong but Thompson playing more than 5-10 minutes in the big ten and we are in for a long season.

Thompson looks he’s not even trying to play Defense. Looks for the block, but that’s about it.

I would be shocked that if by Big ten season our rotation is not Garcia/Battle/Payne with Joseph getting some time at the 4. I could be wrong but Thompson playing more than 5-10 minutes in the big ten and we are in for a long season.
Agree with at least Payne. Rest we will see.

Cooper needs to improve the FT shooting before we see a power 5 team...

Top Bottom