***OFFICIAL WESTERN MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

WMU lost by 44 and 48 last year to MSU and Iowa to open the season. They’re a terrible MAC team and it shouldn’t be close. The fact that we have all these injuries has brought us to their level. Our B team should still beat them on our home court, but we’ve made mistakes before.
Outside of 2015-16, I feel like the Gophers pretty much never blow it against cupcake non-conference opponents at home. Without analyzing anything I’m assuming we win by at least 10, but would be more comfortable with that if Garcia plays, which I think he will.

Will be interesting who starts when Carrington is back, him or Henley. Also interesting to see that Henley has already beaten out Taurus Samuels
Cooper, Carrington, Henley, Battle, Garcia? or Cooper, Carrington, Battle, Garcia, Thompson?

Henley started at the 3 for Battle tonight and will likely continue to until he returns. Ramberg started at the 2.
Lol you really think Ramburg holds his starting spot over Henley? I bet Battle takes Ramburgs spot.

Payne with 2 early stupid fouls, freshmen fouls. Really sloppy game. Their big guys are 4-5 inches shorter and we cannot secure rebounds.

Garcia looks big, whole team looks really poor. Both team shooting like crap and we cannot rebound.

I don’t think we have a single ball handler capable of breaking Western Michigan down or getting their own shot. Henley is the closest thing I’ve seen so far.

this link works but you better have ad blocker

Cooper has not left the court yet. Samuels looks like hot garbage. 9 offensive rebound. Looks like it is going to be a long season down low. Thompson is a SG at best in terms of rebounding.

Top Bottom