***OFFICIAL WESTERN KENTUCKY VS MINNESOTA CLEM HASKINS MATCHUP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

2-0. Gotta be pleased. Gotta believe this team will learn a lot from this W. Give WKU credit for their pressure push and taking Gophers away from their game and comfort
zone

Hope Stephens is OK. He was pretty gimpy at the end. Lower body injury. Day to day.

Positives: WE WON! I like our general idea on offense, PnR, move the ball, shoot a lot of threes.

Negatives: this team is sorely short on talent and incredibly shallow. Bigs that can function are going to own us

General comments. man where some of these guys in the past. Willis looks like a competent basketball player again. Battle would have been a nice 3rd option on past years, Loewe would have been a nice 15 min backup G to have. To me we have a lot of really good role players, it's up to Ben to find or develop 2-3 stars to go with a group like this in the future

Positives: WE WON! I like our general idea on offense, PnR, move the ball, shoot a lot of threes.

Negatives: this team is sorely short on talent and incredibly shallow. Bigs that can function are going to own us

General comments. man where some of these guys in the past. Willis looks like a competent basketball player again. Battle would have been a nice 3rd option on past years, Loewe would have been a nice 15 min backup G to have. To me we have a lot of really good role players, it's up to Ben to find or develop 2-3 stars to go with a group like this in the future
Where did the supposed "talent" get us last few years? Talent isn't just physical.

I hope Fox comes back if he can. I'm afraid we Charlie Daniels is closer to a poor man's Sam Freeman than an upgrade. We desperately need size.

2 games in and I already feel like we're not down 6 going into game based on the Lil' Ricky vs. any other coach matchup.

Exactly. They had the lead, then got punched back and responded. Very nice for this team's future. I'm very impressed with the grit.
We’ll have a ton of those games early in Bens tenure and we used to regularly lose them under the previous regime choking

If the Timberwolves could do what the Gophers did tonight (not fold like a cheap suit when adversity hits them) they would be like 7-3.

Good to get the win. That point guard for WKU is a baller. Wish he was with the Gophers. Loewe got schooled. Overall, a solid defensive game. Glad Curry came back, but for all the good things he brings he still has some maddening turnovers that are hard to figure after spending closer to a decade at Minnesota. B1G season gonna be ugly.

I think Western Kentucky is gonna be a solid team this year, they got some guys. Great win, can never complain too much about a wire-to-wire win, love seeing them not get rattled when teams make a run.

Echoing what other posters have said, this team is filled with solid role players. Guys who I would be thrilled to have as the 3rd option or guys off the bench. So far, Battle is stepping into the star role, we'll see if the trio of Stephens, Willis, and Battle can carry us when we play some better teams.

Great to see the win. Coaches are going to have to find creative ways to get Battle open looks. The game plan of every team we play will be to take him away if possible, just as WKU did in the second half.

Also, I love having a shooter like Battle, but I wanna see him attack more. On the year, he's 8/21 from 3 (which is respectable), and 4/5 from 2, 6/7 from FT. Think he's gonna have to diversify his game if hes gonna be a true number 1 option in the big 10 season

Good to get the win. That point guard for WKU is a baller. Wish he was with the Gophers. Loewe got schooled. Overall, a solid defensive game. Glad Curry came back, but for all the good things he brings he still has some maddening turnovers that are hard to figure after spending closer to a decade at Minnesota. B1G season gonna be ugly.
Not even close to a decade.

Now we’ll see if coach J has better timeout results than Pitino.

They play an interesting brand of basketball and the bench is super engaged for having a bunch of guys who don't see the floor.
I expect there to be a Hickory Huskers moment in the future when 3 guys foul out and the team finishes with 4 players on the floor.

They play an interesting brand of basketball and the bench is super engaged for having a bunch of guys who don't see the floor.
I expect there to be a Hickory Huskers moment in the future when 3 guys foul out and the team finishes with 4 players on the floor.
Profound!

Top Bottom