***OFFICIAL WESTERN KENTUCKY VS MINNESOTA CLEM HASKINS MATCHUP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Battle is a godsend.

But all around....you can see how much better this team looks than the Pitino teams of yesteryears. Probably not from a talent standpoint....but the coaching is clearly a cut above. Offensive sets actually look like they run plays.....and despite the size discrepancy....the defensive sets are forcing the ball to the perimeter and begging WKU to shoot. Guys are getting themselves in correct position for rebounds......blocking out.

The roster last year with this kind of coaching is a factor in every game.

passing at top of the key is loose, if someone jumps the lanes easy pick. That's it. Everything else is great.

Loved what I saw there at the end. Box outs were great and the bench was very active. Ben likes to get a little excited which is nice to watch after all those years of bland old pitino. What was awesome was seeing the bench all flood over to Stephens after that 3. Fox and Treyton seemed the most excited. Good group of guys here on this team. So far, Johnson has passed the test with flying colors.

I seem to recall we just ran down the court with 5 seconds left and drilled a shot...I must've had a stroke and imagined it. The Gopher way is supposed to call a timeout, then turn the ball over on the in-bounds. Yeah, that's what actually happened I'm sure.

Love the effort so far. Big ten play is very different tho. The emphasis on bigs is much more of a thing. If Daniels can exceed expectations or someone else steps up thats one thing. I do have serious reservations still.

Loved what I saw there at the end. Box outs were great and the bench was very active. Ben likes to get a little excited which is nice to watch after all those years of bland old pitino. What was awesome was seeing the bench all flood over to Stephens after that 3. Fox and Treyton seemed the most excited. Good group of guys here on this team. So far, Johnson has passed the test with flying colors.
💯👍. We won’t lose due to lack of effort and loose balls will be chased

Really solid first half! I am impressed with what the coaches and players are doing with what they have.

It’s a good start to the game and season....but i think it will be a tough year if you are only looking at the record. I do believe that Johnson will have a good team here in a couple of years. I heard a story today that shows Ben Johnson’s class as a human being. It’s hard not to cheer for the guy. I’m excited about Gopher basketball again.

Waitwaitwait, is this a team with a PLAN on offense? No no no, this is unacceptable. I want to see aimless dribbling and a panicked shot at the end that misses.
I heard they run that somewhere in New Mexico...............

Top Bottom