Official Visits in January

John Galt

Reaction score
Right now it looks like this per 247: http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Visits

January 16: Jamal Milan (DT), Trey Hansen (LS) who recently committed as a PWO
January 23: John Kelly, Bryce Witham, Mose Hall, Quinn Oseland, Kiante Hardin
January 30: Anthony McKee, McKinley Whitfield

I never put stock in recruits that are taking OVs the very last weekend, especially when they have never been here before. So we basically have 4 OVs lined up right now with uncommitted players that we would add: Milan, Kelly, Witham, and Hall. That's 2 D-lineman, a safety, and a TE. If we can also add an OLB and 1-2 WRs that would be a pretty good way to wrap up the class.

Kill said 23 signed this year right? Where are we at from a verbals count? How many would we be needing to add to get to 23?

Right now it looks like this per 247: http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Visits

January 16: Jamal Milan (DT), Trey Hansen (LS) who recently committed as a PWO
January 23: John Kelly, Bryce Witham, Mose Hall, Quinn Oseland, Kiante Hardin
January 30: Anthony McKee, McKinley Whitfield

I never put stock in recruits that are taking OVs the very last weekend, especially when they have never been here before. So we basically have 4 OVs lined up right now with uncommitted players that we would add: Milan, Kelly, Witham, and Hall. That's 2 D-lineman, a safety, and a TE. If we can also add an OLB and 1-2 WRs that would be a pretty good way to wrap up the class.

i generally agree but in our case, I can't imagine too many recruits taking a visit to MN in January for the fun of it.

Someone that is the know answer this. Is Ace able to count on last year, seem to me JUCO kids in the past that have started in January counted on the previous year if there was still a spot. I just went back and read the post about the morning show. Kill stated the 4 already in school will count on last years total. He did say 23 will sign this year, so it looks like a class of 27 if everything works out. I don't know if they are looking at any partial qualifiers or know, but this would seem to give them the leeway to do that.

Someone that is the know answer this. Is Ace able to count on last year, seem to me JUCO kids in the past that have started in January counted on the previous year if there was still a spot. I just went back and read the post about the morning show. Kill stated the 4 already in school will count on last years total. He did say 23 will sign this year, so it looks like a class of 27 if everything works out. I don't know if they are looking at any partial qualifiers or know, but this would seem to give them the leeway to do that.

Yes Ace counts against last year.

i generally agree but in our case, I can't imagine too many recruits taking a visit to MN in January for the fun of it.

True enough. I view visits on the last weekend as hedging, both by players and schools.

Updated Official Visit list per 247:

1-16: Milan, Hansen & Witham
1-23: Kelly, Hall, Oseland & Hardin
1-30: McKee & Whitfield

Rivals has Brandon Singleton visiting Cal on 1-23, and Minnesota on 1-30.

Didn't DL65 report that Kill was planning on all the early enrollees counting against last year?

Quinn Oseland is now visiting this weekend (16th) instead of the 23rd.

Top Bottom