***OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Why in the world is Carr shooting technical FT when we could have had Gabe shooting?
Not only is he a better FT shooter, but it could help his confidence seeing the ball go thru the hoop a few times, even from the line.

Well....it's because we are shooting really well tonight. Don't think there is much difference between our offense against Illinois and our offense tonight. Just shot 27.5% from the field and 25% from three compared with tonight....shooting 52.9% (so far) from the field and 44.4% (so far) from three.
Gophers definitely have better ball movement in this game. They had 10 assists against Illinois and have 12 so far tonight. Offense has reverted to bad the last few minutes though.

Not sure what the overall % is, but Carr takes far more and I don't trust Gabe in pressure situations. Technical ones are weird.
Season FT going into the game:
Carr 41-50.............82%
Gach 23-27...........85.2%
Kalscheur 24-27...88.9%

Robbins gets randomly called for fouls just because he's a big body. Refs need to swallow their whistle on the out of control drives.

Nice 3 by Ihenen and way to take a charge by Mashburn.

Gophers definitely have better ball movement in this game. They had 10 assists against Illinois and have 12 so far tonight. Offense has reverted to bad the last few minutes though.

Sure...but you need to make shots to record assists too. So when you shoot 27.5%....assists aren't going to show up on the box score.

SLU had more offensive rebounds on their last possession than we've had the entire game. We're going to get killed in the B1G if we don't rebound better on both ends. Most of the time we have no one going to the boards because we're all standing behind the arc watching Carr dribble.

Sure...but you need to make shots to record assists too. So when you shoot 27.5%....assists aren't going to show up on the box score.
Definitely a chicken and egg situation but my main point is that the ball movement looks much better to me tonight. The defensive effort looks the same as the Illinois game though...

I thought we got the ball off the technical?
Technical Foul Penalties

When a technical foul is assessed, the offended team receives two free throws and the ball is put back in play where it was when play was stopped. For example, if team A has the ball and team B's coach gets a technical foul for arguing a call, team A would get two free throws and then would get the ball because it had possession when play was stopped. For a flagrant technical foul, the offended team gets two free throws and the ball, regardless of who had possession at the time of the foul.

It's clear that Ihnen hasn't been given enough time. Has some offensive play....plus he's tall, long, and aggressive. We lack rebounding and he helps a ton.

I think he could be a little more aggressive but he's our quickest big man by some measure.

Technical Foul Penalties

When a technical foul is assessed, the offended team receives two free throws and the ball is put back in play where it was when play was stopped. For example, if team A has the ball and team B's coach gets a technical foul for arguing a call, team A would get two free throws and then would get the ball because it had possession when play was stopped. For a flagrant technical foul, the offended team gets two free throws and the ball, regardless of who had possession at the time of the foul.
Nerd

SLU had more offensive rebounds on their last possession than we've had the entire game. We're going to get killed in the B1G if we don't rebound better on both ends. Most of the time we have no one going to the boards because we're all standing behind the arc watching Carr dribble.

I've been harping on this all year (and prior years)....when the shot goes up....everyone runs back on defense. It has nothing to do with our players. It's Pitino who is teaching them that.

That was some impressive hustle by the team on that sequence.

Top Bottom