***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I think spring break starts tomorrow, but hope we have a good crowd and get Sconnie Sunday, feel like we’re turning a corner.
There are some signs of positivity among all the negative. Garcia is very good, Payne looks like he is going to be a beast, the other freshman have shown some flashes.

They will have to find the right pieces in the portal but there are at least some signs of hope for the future.

There are some signs of positivity among all the negative. Garcia is very good, Payne looks like he is going to be a beast, the other freshman have shown some flashes.

They will have to find the right pieces in the portal but there are at least some signs of hope for the future.
Get a PG that can beat people off the dribble and play defense and another guard that can hit the open jumper, stick them with Garcia and Payne and we are going to turn this around quick.

Payne is growing up before our eyes and is going to draw a crowd next year leaving a lot of room for the rest of the players.

As the refs were leaving the game, someone from the student section yelled at them about the review, and he replied, "It is too complicated for you guys to understand." I don't know what he meant, but I am curious if we will ever find out what they were reviewing.
Sounds like an arrogant elitist. Probably Paul Scelz

Such a great moment for the kids out there. To see Battle who has had such a tough year smile, Henley who was the goat of the game until the tip in- big smile, to see them all running around and hugging and just enjoying college basketball...so awesome!
One of the hardest things I ever coached (and as a player) is letting go of the last play. I think Henely carries a lot of mistakes with him at times (due to body language, etc).

I certainly know it woll take a few more, but damm that should help.

Get a PG that can beat people off the dribble and play defense and another guard that can hit the open jumper, stick them with Garcia and Payne and we are going to turn this around quick.
I might be ready to buy back in. At least for now. Bring on the transfer portal buzz.

Payne is growing up before our eyes and is going to draw a crowd next year leaving a lot of room for the rest of the players.
Well, thorson can coach forwards. Payne’s development was always just a matter of time.

The one thing I have been impressed with is the inbound plays. Both the designs and execution. Might be forgotten because Garcia missed but that play design with about 10 seconds left was great. You knew they’d be preventing Battle from getting open. Setting it up for Garcia was the right move IMO.

The one thing I have been impressed with is the inbound plays. Both the designs and execution. Might be forgotten because Garcia missed but that play design with about 10 seconds left was great. You knew they’d be preventing Battle from getting open. Setting it up for Garcia was the right move IMO.
That was a great play and Garcia got a clean look. Everything was perfect but the shot.

Just back from the game. For the few that went and the few that stayed it was the most fun in the last couple of years.

Ben, I take back everything wet blanket has said about you and the players.

GO GOPHERS!
It was very fun. Just watched the highlights, and holy heck were we loud at the end!

Fun fact: gophers did not lead for a single second of game time, and last were tied at 18:22 left in the first half. That’s gotta be some kind of record.

Last edited:

On the Battle steal and three pointer I still think it was happy fault for the Gophers by being late to foul and then getting the steal. Maybe not but I have to think they wanted to foul more quickly.

On the Battle steal and three pointer I still think it was happy fault for the Gophers by being late to foul and then getting the steal. Maybe not but I have to think they wanted to foul more quickly.
why the dude that caught that ball and there with like 20 seconds left before the steal didnt just turn and dribble it down past half court we will never know! but we will take the brain lapse and the W!

Top Bottom