***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It wasn't in stride but it wasn't behind him, watch it again. DJ barely had to move his body towards the ball.
Arguing over spilt milk for sure, but I did watch the replay, Wright had to turn his upper body all the way back around just to have a shot at it. First thing the announcers said was it was behind him. It was pretty clear….but still catchable. Both players in the spot, QB and receiver, need to be better.

So, three minutes to go...we have the ball on the other side of the 50. NOW, we go hurry up and give the ball back to Rutgers with 2 minutes to go. Why didn't we just drive down on the ground?
I guess, all by design because now we got the ball back with a minute and a half left. And now we just run the half out?
What the heck?

That punter of theirs is good, as PJ said if he didn’t Jack another one down field, “we were going”!

You all complain about how bad Morgan is then also complain they don't force the ball down field to try and score with a minute left in the half while up 14-0 and set to recieve the 2nd half kick off.

Tired of this conservative crappy approach. No reason to call time outs and not at least try to get a first down. If you don't trust Tanner then just bench him

What are we doing???? Use all our timeouts then ROTM?
Can't make it up...why didn't we run the ball with 3:00 left? Rather go hurry up, fail and punt?
Easy field goal at half time at minimum if we run the ball at 3:00.

IMHO..had Mo run for significant yardage on 1st down, PJ would have been more aggressive. As it was, 2nd down on the 26 yard line, a 14 point lead, and we get the ball to start 2nd half...no big deal to run out the clock

Good half. Did not like how it ended though. Run up and fair catch that punt. Throw on first and/or second and if incomplete I'm fine with running but I hate the way they used their timeouts on D to set up a chance at halftime and then just ran out the clock.

Good first half. Bummer we couldn't capitalize on fumble

You can still be conservative while throwing the ball. Maybe the WR breaks a tackle and turns the 5 yard gain into a 15 yard one. Really weak not to try even with the bad special teams.

As I predicted, folks we haven't heard from all half are sure out in force about that last series. Do any of you have thoughts on the other happenings during the half?

As I predicted, folks we haven't heard from all half are sure out in force about that last series. Do any of you have thoughts on the other happenings during the half?
I don't really like dominating to that extent yet still only up 14.
I didnt like recovering the fumble then going 3 and out, without so much as a shot downfield.
I hated getting the ball back with more than a minute and essentially taking a knee.

Not elite in the least.

Would like to see some screens in 2nd half
I wouldn't mind that. Any throws to the RB are welcome. Should've done more of that last week. I hope Minnesota keeps throwing and doesn't go into turtle mode. They need to keep working with their WRs to get off press coverage and make catches in tight windows. They're gonna need it moving forward.

Lucky penalty to get the first down. We look lethargic, or is it confusion caused by the shadows stretching across the field?

Mo is such a punishing runner. I can't help but worry about his health.

Top Bottom