***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If there was any doubt who the MVPs were for Minnesota and Purdue?

Aidan O'Connell and Mohamed Ibrahim.

Purdue is just going to run Mockabee. There is another TD in their future. Embarrassing for the Gophers.

Yep we are not good enough of a program to play poorly and win. Pretty sad thought the program was better than MO being out and we are terrible. Id like to see some packages for Athan.

Without Mo we are a pretty average team, and our offensive identity is not clear.

Timberwolves on BSN, Thursday night, 6:30

So people will be mad at Morgan, at that interception... but geeze, you had the momentum... you had a tie game... and you just get conservative. I'm so pissed. It's the damn offensive play calling and Fleck's chicken conservative personality. And now when they really need to pass... the defense is ready. DUMB ASS OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING AND GAME MANAGEMENT!

Cop out. This team has run successfully with back-up RB's for years. They played like garbage. And they didn't do enough to keep the RB depth they had.
Bingo. Gophers go down and the play callers just panicked. The second to last drive was some of the worst playcalling I’ve seen, and that includes the Sanford era

Cop out. This team has run successfully with back-up RB's for years. They played like garbage. And they didn't do enough to keep the RB depth they had.
Retaining talent us now the key.

Purdue doesn't even deserve this game... It's all on Fleck.

So people will be mad at Morgan, at that interception... but geeze, you had the momentum... you had a tie game... and you just get conservative. I'm so pissed. It's the damn offensive play calling and Fleck's chicken conservative personality. And now when they really need to pass... the defense is ready. DUMB ASS OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING AND GAME MANAGEMENT!
How did they get conservative?

They have trouble running or passing. Most whatever play they call was not working.

This was the first game for the OC with MO out, and it looked like a Sanford game.

Also, I don't like what Illinois is going to do to us.

Good time for a bye week. The D is still good enough to win a lot of games. Big Ten West is totally still there to take.

But this loss really sucks. Margin for error got a lot smaller.

Not so sure about that, it’s super weak this year. Badgers and Iowa down big time. West is still within grasp. But just to be pounded in Indy probably
not really. will get stomped at illinois and PSU. The West is now Illinois’ to lose.

Last edited:

I'll be the first to say it, hats off to Jeff Brohm and the Purdue Boilermakers.

Bingo. Gophers go down and the play callers just panicked. The second to last drive was some of the worst playcalling I’ve seen, and that includes the Sanford era
Welcome to the rest of the 2022 season... Brohm has laid out the defensive game plan for every team the rest of the way. Maybe a healthy Mo will help break up the stacked deck, but every team will be practically inviting Morgan to beat them.

We're on to the bye week. Get Mo back healthy for Illinois week. Lots of season left! Not the time to panic!

Oars in the water!

How did they get conservative?

They have trouble running or passing. Most whatever play they call was not working.

This was the first game for the OC with MO out, and it looked like a Sanford game.

Also, I don't like what Illinois is going to do to us.
Wow, read all the comments in this thread... I'm not the only one that saw them get conservative. Running for like 5 plays in a row? Running the time down like we were ahead when it was tied? Only resorting to passes on 3rd and long? If you didn't see that, you must not be watching.

Just insane how easily yards came last week compared to today.

We can win the West, but there's zero chance the Rose Bowl will take us over the loser of Michigan/OSU now. Zero.

Part of me did want to see the Gophers go to the "Duke's Mayo Bowl" one of these years.

Top Bottom