***Official - Positivity Only - Bowl Game Thread***

I didn't know that donating tickets to the military was an option. I like to purchase a couple extra tickets and donate them....how do I do this??

Thanks for this. Really helpful.

We were in section 110 last year and were really happy with the seats. This year we decided to upgrade to sections 106-107. In my opinion, you should stay in the lower bowl (anywhere from section 106 to section 115 should be good, depending on your budget). Last year, the marching band was in section 116/117.

I'm really interested in taking a sneak peek at what next years passing attack will look like. The coaches will have 15 practices to start molding the team for next year, with Jones, Wolitarsky, and Williams being so young and at least half of those practices devoted to just us, the progress should be interesting.

Maybe and maybe not. If MN had beaten Michigan it is not only a game better for MN, but a game worse for Mich. We can agree to disagree, but beating the team head to head, and finishing 2 games better than said team is a much stronger case for MN...

But I think that is the point. Even in this scenario, it is still very realistic that Michigan gets chosen ahead of Minnesota. Just that there is a chance of it happening is a joke in my opinion.

I've never been to a bowl game or Texas so this works out for me. Would I prefer we play a higher profile team, of course but I talk two other people who have never traveled for a game before to make the trip with me so it can't be too bad. I try to to get to one away game every year (Indiana this year), so I'm happy that I get to travel to Houston to meet some more Gopher fans!

I've never been to a bowl game or Texas so this works out for me. Would I prefer we play a higher profile team, of course but I talk two other people who have never traveled for a game before to make the trip with me so it can't be too bad. I try to to get to one away game every year (Indiana this year), so I'm happy that I get to travel to Houston to meet some more Gopher fans!

Great to hear! I love going to away games too, but Bowl games (anywhere) are a blast, in my opinion (the one exception might be the Bowl game in Detroit!). I went to Houston for our game last year and had a great time! I'm sure you will enjoy your first bowl game!

We need to make a statement in this bowl game. I want BTN and ESPN or whoever to be on alert for next year. No more picked last in the west.
I hope/want/demand that we run all over them and blow them out with PA. I want 40/50 - O-fer.

You shouldn't have to "make a case" for a team that is 2 games better than another to get chosen for a bowl game. And you shouldn't have to make a case for a team that is 1 game better. The bowl games should be determined by a team's play on the field and nothing else.

The fact of the matter is that the Minnesota Gophers accomplished more on the field throughout the season than Michigan by winning 1 more conference game. And Nebraska accomplished a lot more than Michigan on the field by winning 2 more conference games, yet Michigan jumped them both in bowl selection. Going by your flawed head to head logic though, I suppose you have been busy letting the Alamo Bowl officials know that they got it wrong by taking Oregon at 10-2 (7-2) over Arizona at 7-5 (4-5) since Arizona throttled Oregon 42-16 and "deserved" the spot more.

Great points...One can say quite definitively that in college football, the rich are systemically favored to get richer and the poor have to beat the odds and the system to join the rich.

This is the positivity thread, though, so Go Gophers! Let's keep working toward taking it to the MAN!

Top Bottom