***OFFICIAL PENN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

2 more points by Battle and every starter would have been in double digits.
Is that correct? Only 3 turnovers?!
That has to be some kind of record.
I am full of it. They only turned it over 2 times against, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State.
START taking care of the ball damn it! 3 is too much.

Curry and Daniels combined for one rebound. I have nothing else to add, I just think that’s very interesting.

Maybe I was super bored today with the cold weather… but that was a fun game and a good win. Not a lot of defense inside but I thought Battle stepped up defensively late on a key possession. Good free throw shooting late and they didn’t settle too much for crappy shots like they had been doing in the last few games.

I know Penn St went small but still thought it was a bit weird Curry sat out as much as he did.

Also, found it interesting that Stephens was pulled at the end of the game. He’s one of our best FT shooters. Did I miss something?

I know Penn St went small but still thought it was a bit weird Curry sat out as much as he did.

Also, found it interesting that Stephens was pulled at the end of the game. He’s one of our best FT shooters. Did I miss something?
Stephens hit 4 of the last 6 free throws. 2 at 18 seconds left and 2 at 9 seconds left

Ben has to answer why he benched curry.
Curry was completely gassed. It was clear in the huddle when he was pulled. He had zero rebounds. He was hot but something wasn’t right on defense. I think Ben protected him. I haven’t seen the box score so not sure what his minutes were compared to average but by eyeball it seemed high to me.

Great to get a win! Didn’t watch game but in reading this thread apparently our coaching sucked and our players are terrible. Really pretty happy with the season this team has put together.

Great to get a win! Didn’t watch game but in reading this thread apparently our coaching sucked and our players are terrible. Really pretty happy with the season this team has put together.
In game threads tend to be a cesspool during the game if the team is struggling at all.

Curry was completely gassed. It was clear in the huddle when he was pulled. He had zero rebounds. He was hot but something wasn’t right on defense. I think Ben protected him. I haven’t seen the box score so not sure what his minutes were compared to average but by eyeball it seemed high to me.

Agreed. You could see that he was that he was bent over and supporting himself with his hands above his knees during breaks in the second half. Harrar scored 6 points in less than 3 minutes to start the game but I thought Curry defended him well after that. He kept him further from the basket than his comfort level and he scored only 6 more for the rest of the game. Meanwhile, Harrar failed go outside often enough to limit Curry's shots and he had career scoring high.

I thought the decision to go small without Harrar in there worked out well. In the one play late in the second half where they put Harrar back on the floor and got him the ball, our two smaller defenders played him well, denied him a clean spinout to the basket, and he travelled. Our defense made a good adjustment on Sessoms late in the game as well. He had 3 buckets in less than two minutes late in the second half but he was 0-3 with a turnover after that.

As I see it, they keys to the win were:

1) After a rough start, Curry making the most of his outside shooting opportunities;

2) After a rough start, the defense on Harrar and getting him in foul trouble. Unlike most Big Ten teams, Penn State really didn't have anyone else who could beat up on us inside.

3) We simply had better ball handlers and ball movement than they did.

4) Although we didn't have a particularly large amount of free throw attempts, we certainly made the most of the ones we had (12 of 13).

Last edited:

Top Bottom