***OFFICIAL PENN ST AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Well that Illini game was an offensive clinic! But close loses don’t mean Jack squat. Apparently we’re celebrating the Seniors today, though I hold out hope Fox comes back.

To me the goal is simple, win the last 3 BT games and finish above .500 in BT, something Tubby never did.

Today will be the easiest of the 3 remaining games.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!

Well that Illini game was an offensive clinic! But close loses don’t mean Jack squat. Apparently we’re celebrating the Seniors today, though I hold out hope Fox comes back.

To me the goal is simple, win the last 3 BT games and finish above .500 in BT, something Tubby never did.
Its only happened twice since 2000 and is a quantum step forward, whilst being the antithesis of disaster.
Today will be the easiest of the 3 remaining games.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

We should kill Indiana. Am more worried about this one today. Feels like a trap game. Nitts aren’t bad at all, and Gophers have to make sure they’re not too haughty after their strong offensive performance vs. a leaky Illinois defense.

We should kill Indiana. Am more worried about this one today. Feels like a trap game. Nitts aren’t bad at all, and Gophers have to make sure they’re not too haughty after their strong offensive performance vs. a leaky Illinois defense.
I think we’re crisp from the beginning, as playing the Top 2 in the conference that closely = major steps and -

See your future Gopher Men’s Basketball and Be your future.

I asked Google Gemini to write an article on the game. See below. (I also asked it to take your job and move it to India, but that's another topic.) ;)

Gemini was just updated.

Gophers Primed to Overpower Nittany Lions in Big Ten Clash​

The Minnesota Golden Gophers are poised to flex their home-court advantage and overpower the visiting Penn State Nittany Lions in their upcoming Big Ten matchup. Here's why the Gophers are heavily favored to secure a comfortable victory:

Offensive Firepower: Minnesota boasts a potent offense, averaging 76.7 points per game on a solid 47.4% field goal percentage. Their three-point shooting is equally impressive, connecting at a 36.6% clip, the 27th best mark in the nation. This offensive firepower presents a significant challenge for Penn State, whose defense struggles to contain opponents, allowing an average of 75.8 points per game.

Home Sweet Home: The Gophers have been virtually untouchable at home this season, boasting a dominant 15-3 record within the friendly confines of Williams Arena. This unwavering home-court advantage will undoubtedly play a crucial role in boosting their confidence and momentum.

Defensive Prowess: While not the flashiest unit, the Gophers' defense has shown remarkable consistency, ranking 9th in the Big Ten in points allowed per game (71.0). Their ability to limit open looks and force turnovers will be critical in slowing down Penn State's offense, which has shown inconsistency throughout the season.

Recent Form: Minnesota enters this matchup with a winning record in their last five games, showcasing their ability to close out close contests and maintain a high level of play. This momentum contrasts starkly with Penn State, who have struggled to find consistency, winning just two of their last five outings.

Head-to-Head History: Historically, the Gophers hold the upper hand against the Nittany Lions, winning eight of the last ten meetings between the two teams. This trend, combined with the factors mentioned above, suggests that Minnesota is well-positioned to extend its dominance in this matchup.

While underestimating any opponent is unwise, all signs point towards a convincing victory for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Their offensive firepower, home-court advantage, and defensive resilience make them the clear favorites to overpower the visiting Penn State Nittany Lions.

I've always said Gemini is the smartest article writer this side of India.

One of the most confusing posts I have seen. I will drink a beer to clear my head.

The latter paragraph is a bon mot to Caddyshack -

My recollection/57 year old paraphrase -

See the ball Billy, be the ball Billy.

See your future Billy, be your future Billy.

Danny ffs

Danny Noonan.
Thanks for your gracious correction; hope it doesn’t ruin your day, for Pete’s Sake, which is the correct rebuttal for a minor weekend infraction (which I even admitted might be paraphrased or incorrect due to middle age), per the sane and sanity guide to better sportsmanship.

No charge😉

Last edited:

Top Bottom