***OFFICIAL MISSOURI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

They get the 7’5” guy back tonight. Actually, I think Johnson showed interest in the 5’10” guy when he entered the portal. Might have offered.
The tall guy, Vanover, is not good. When they played UST (twice last year since Oral Roberts is a Summit League school), he pretty much did nothing. He stands around the perimeter and avoids contact.

Early measuring stick for a team that's looked better than expected and finally has some depth...but still only beat a putrid Bethune-Cookman team by fewer points than any past Gopher team that's ever played them. How good are we against a decent team? We're going to find out.

Early measuring stick for a team that's looked better than expected and finally has some depth...but still only beat a putrid Bethune-Cookman team by fewer points than any past Gopher team that's ever played them. How good are we against a decent team? We're going to find out.
Also a team that thinks it should beat us and believes it will be a quality win if they beat us. I’m less confident now than over the weekend, but would be a get noticed by the locals kind of game if they win.

Vanover vs. UST last season:

@ Oral Roberts: 26 minutes, 13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1-5 from 3

@ UST: 22 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 0 blocks, 0-3 from 3

@ Summit League (semifinals): 32 minutes, 17 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks, 1-5 from 3

Totals: 80 minutes (26.7 mpg), 32 points (10.7 ppg), 19 rebounds (6.3 rpg), 8 blocks (2.7 bpg), 2-13 from 3 (15.4%)

It's been awhile since I've been truly excited to watch a Gophers basketball game. Don't let me down!

You weren't excited to see either of the last two games with 3 brand new guards and the long-awaited return of Fox and Ihnen?

Vanover vs. UST last season:

@ Oral Roberts: 26 minutes, 13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1-5 from 3

@ UST: 22 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 0 blocks, 0-3 from 3

@ Summit League (semifinals): 32 minutes, 17 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks, 1-5 from 3

Totals: 80 minutes (26.7 mpg), 32 points (10.7 ppg), 19 rebounds (6.3 rpg), 8 blocks (2.7 bpg), 2-13 from 3 (15.4%)
Is anybody else kind of thankful he's back? Our kryptonite in the Johnson era has been physicality and speed.

I'm all for the opposition having a 7-footer parked out on the perimeter and bombing threes at a low percentage!

I hope he logs similar minutes to his ORU days tonight (doubtful). I bet his role is limited unless the game gets out of hand in any direction.

Does Ihnen guard the tall guy? Not sure I want Payne picking up fouls on the perimeter. Must win and most important game of CBJ's tenure imo.

Does Ihnen guard the tall guy? Not sure I want Payne picking up fouls on the perimeter. Must win and most important game of CBJ's tenure imo.
Is Payne playing tonight, still a game time decision I thought.

Hoping to see some knockouts tonight.

By way of explanation - there is a rare Thursday night boxing card in Vegas, featuring two title fights. So I'll catch the start of the boxing on ESPN+ - then switch to the Gophers at 8.

If I miss any of the boxing, I can always go back and watch it later on the ESPN+ archives.

So, I hope the Gophers can knock out Missouri - figuratively if not literally - and I'm hoping to see some good action in the squared circle.

Interested to hear on Payne, be nice to see him out there.

A lot of analytics sites seem to have Mizz as roughly a 5pt fave, Vegas down to 1.5, seems like they like the team more than most analytics.

What is your thinking on comparing past Beth Cook teams with past UM teams? Different players and different coaches but same school colors?

I've been assured Steve Stipanovich, Derrick Chievous, and Anthony Peeler will not be suiting up tonight for the Tigers. And they most assuredly won't be coached by Norm Stewart.

Gophers pull out a squeaker 74-72 to give the program a much needed shot of positivity
Positive outlook from Dr. Positive? 😂

I've been assured Steve Stipanovich, Derrick Chievous, and Anthony Peeler will not be suiting up tonight for the Tigers. And they most assuredly won't be coached by Norm Stewart.

Gophers pull out a squeaker 74-72 to give the program a much needed shot of positivity
The 💋 of 💀?
Les’ predicting a W!

No Dr Detroit buying players from Detroit either lol

Haven't seen this kind of pregame buzz in a couple of years. Go Gophers!

740 and still 8 minutes to go in the indiana game. Is the start of the gopher game going to be broadcast?!

Just checked into ESPN gamecast. They have the probability of winning in this game as 50%/50% - dead even. Don't know if I've seen that before.

Top Bottom