***OFFICIAL MISSOURI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Alright, alright, we're feeling good about the squad. A couple of blowout wins to start the season, even if against bad opponents, feels good. As it should. Easy wins have been hard to come by as of late. But tonight is next level challenge. It's Power 5 basketball with the beloved (by some on here) Coach Gates. He seems like a great coach, so the interest is understood. But, this is CBJ's chance to show what's up.

A win tonight would understandably send this fan base into legit excitement. Outside of the two Big Ten games in December, we won't get much of a test between tonight and January. So a win lets us ride the energy train for a while. A bad loss will basically curtail any excitement until we get a few Big Ten wins in a row.

So yea, tonight is big. For many reasons.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missouri has a pretty hit or miss offense however the clear obvious advantage for the Gophers is height. Among their top 5 in MPG the tallest guy is 6'6 and their 6th man is 6'8. Seems like a favorable matchup for Garcia. Also I thought my eye's were tricking me when I saw one of their guards is 5'10 200lbs.

Alright, alright, we're feeling good about the squad. A couple of blowout wins to start the season, even if against bad opponents, feels good. As it should. Easy wins have been hard to come by as of late. But tonight is next level challenge. It's Power 5 basketball with the beloved (by some on here) Coach Gates. He seems like a great coach, so the interest is understood. But, this is CBJ's chance to show what's up.

A win tonight would understandably send this fan base into legit excitement. Outside of the two Big Ten games in December, we won't get much of a test between tonight and January. So a win lets us ride the energy train for a while. A bad loss will basically curtail any excitement until we get a few Big Ten wins in a row.

So yea, tonight is big. For many reasons.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any team that can expect to get a few Big Ten wins in a row can surely be expected to handle Mizzu.

So bummed out I can't watch this live, I'm doing a show at that time, but will be up late watching my recorded version.

Missouri has a pretty hit or miss offense however the clear obvious advantage for the Gophers is height. Among their top 5 in MPG the tallest guy is 6'6 and their 6th man is 6'8. Seems like a favorable matchup for Garcia. Also I thought my eye's were tricking me when I saw one of their guards is 5'10 200lbs.
They get the 7’5” guy back tonight. Actually, I think Johnson showed interest in the 5’10” guy when he entered the portal. Might have offered.

This line has moved a TON in favor of the Gophers in the last couple hours. It's been bet down a full point in like two hours. Gophers currently +1.5 right now. Wouldn't surprise me if this gets down to about a push em by tipoff.

1700154900904.jpeg

Vanover @ ORAL ROBERTS • 2022-23
Helped lead Oral Roberts to the 2023 Summit League regular season and tournament titles • Golden Eagles also advanced to the NCAA Tournament, while collecting its most wins in program history since becoming a Division I program with 30 victories • Named Summit League Defensive Player and Newcomer of the Year, while also earning first-team all-conference accolades • Led Oral Roberts with 7.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks • Established a new school record with 110 rejections, while his 3.2 blocks per game ranked second nationally • Placed second on the team with 12.7 points and third with 46 made 3-pointers • His 46 triples placed second nationally by a 7-foot player.

The other 2 tall guys have a history of very limited minutes but still have size when/if that is needed. Vanover is a nice player especially with his size.

Vanover @ ORAL ROBERTS • 2022-23
Helped lead Oral Roberts to the 2023 Summit League regular season and tournament titles • Golden Eagles also advanced to the NCAA Tournament, while collecting its most wins in program history since becoming a Division I program with 30 victories • Named Summit League Defensive Player and Newcomer of the Year, while also earning first-team all-conference accolades • Led Oral Roberts with 7.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks • Established a new school record with 110 rejections, while his 3.2 blocks per game ranked second nationally • Placed second on the team with 12.7 points and third with 46 made 3-pointers • His 46 triples placed second nationally by a 7-foot player.

The other 2 tall guys have a history of very limited minutes but still have size when/if that is needed. Vanover is a nice player especially with his size.
Looks like a guy who knows how to chop some lumber. Descendant of Paul Bunyan maybe?

Also I thought my eye's were tricking me when I saw one of their guards is 5'10 200lbs.

I think that would be Nick Honor. He transferred from Clemson and was recruited by the Gophers after Johnson's first season. Supposedly we were a finalist destination.

Is there a streaming option for this game? Out of town and would still like to watch but don’t see it as an option on Big10+.

They get the 7’5” guy back tonight. Actually, I think Johnson showed interest in the 5’10” guy when he entered the portal. Might have offered.
Wonder if Jack can keep a skinny 7’5 guy away from the basket? Payne might even enjoy the job.

I think that would be Nick Honor. He transferred from Clemson and was recruited by the Gophers after Johnson's first season. Supposedly we were a finalist destination.
We were a finalist for Trent Pierce as well coming out of high school

Top Bottom