***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS UNLV SO CAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If JOJ got 4 minutes last game, Henley should ride the line the rest of the game… Ben, this is a teaching moment. Teach Henley not to play terribly if he wants to see the floor.
Henley is struggling but you could make an argument he is our best guard. Cooper was a huge liability in the first half.

-Johnson needs to get Carrington acclimated to run pg. Cooper can’t initiate an offense. Will never have a transition game w him
-Why is TT still starting/why did he ever start?
-If there was a +/- stat kept for college I guarantee JOJ would be top 3. JOJ should have gotten the Ramburg minutes early on. Missed opportunity and now it’s hard to reset expectations.
Why is Henley starting

This has been personnel mismanagement pure and simple. He hasn’t set the proper hierarchy, and when you do this, it creates needless confusion/rancor/frustration with the players. This is not mysterious. Play better players more. Play inferior players less. It’s sad cuz with the proper line up configs you could be getting so much more out of this team.

Why is Payne not playing? He’s about the only one that has been rebounding and providing an inside presence.

Is it just me, or does Garcia always look like he wants to be somewhere else? Is that just his demeanor?

Keep in mind Henley is from California. Probably got family, AAU guys in attendance, Recruiting factor.

Has Cooper taken a shot? He needs to be way more assertive.

The shot selection is horrible
We have a bunch of soft perimeter bigs all playing at the same time. None of them like to even touch the paint. It’s just a terrible roster construction. They’re not all bad individually, I just don’t get what we’re trying to build here, or what their identity is. It’s nothing like what I thought a Johnson/Thorson team would look like.

This year's team clearly has more talent, but they don't have a plan. I could see what they were trying to do last year, even if they couldn't execute it often. This is a mess. No hard nosed defense. No plan on offense. Ben/Dave are not instilling confidence to this point.

Seriously. I keep seeing him get into the lane and instead of attacking the rim....he kicks it right back out to the perimeter.
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him call his own number a little more this game instead of kicking out to 3 point shooters who aren't hitting.

1. Does Garcia suck?
2. Payne needs to play more
3. Carrington needs to play more
4. STOP shooting 3s when you are like 7%
5. Are you kidding me with this free throw shooting?
If I didn't know who Garcia was, I'd rate him as some schmoe who sucks.

Here we are in the 30s again well into the second half.

Top Bottom