***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SAN FRANCISCO NEUTRAL SITE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Lol. San Francisco didn't name the tournament last year....or the NIT. Team isn't good.

San Francisco is much better than you're giving them credit for. Bet they're a top four WCC team this year.

I thought the first 10 minutes or so our defense looked improved...just not discipline to continue.
And they said, oh you are gonna do that...then we'll do this and we didn't adjust to their adjustments.
Not sure what the shooting percentage was, but the Dons had a lot of uncontested layups.

San Francisco is a decent team but that was just ugly.

We can barely run an offense because we only ever have 1 player in the game who is even remotely a threat with the ball in his hand.

Our rotations don't make sense. Spacing is nearly impossible with our current rotation. This was the first time we went up against a team who could match up athletically with us and it was bad

No movement leads to no spacing which leads to turnovers… the offense has no purpose… no one cuts hard because they won’t get the ball the guards have there heads down and when they do pass the ball it’s late… garbage
It's also hard to cut when you aren't a threat with the ball to shoot or to drive. You can just sag and muck up everything.

Minnesota NET ranking is #222. Ranked lower than schools like 0-6 Detroit and 0-6 Georgia Southern.... I don't think this is going to be anything other than a quad-dogshit win for USF

It depends which index your looking at. NET isn't even published at this time of year because it's not considered to be reliable at this time.

We can barely run an offense because we only ever have 1 player in the game who is even remotely a threat with the ball in his hand.

Our rotations don't make sense. Spacing is nearly impossible with our current rotation. This was the first time we went up against a team who could match up athletically with us and it was bad
Rotations are idiotic

Awesome. We're 20 points worse than the 4th place team in the WCC, that wont sniff the tournament. Great loss!!

Won't sniff the tournament? Thanks for the tarot card reading, John Edwards.

What are the optimism talking points from this one?
#279 New Orleans up next. Seem to have trouble with double digit schools... Even high double digit ones.

Pretty accurate description of the game.

Down one with 13 minutes to go then imploded with 18'turn overs. Garcia did alright and Payne was solid. Guards were all pretty much rubbish other than Christie off the bench. Carrington's worst game of the year.

I actually don’t mind the roster Ben has put together, but we are very poorly coached.
This roster has NIT talent for sure, maybe even NCAA bubble under top-notch coaching. There are a lot of new pieces, and I expect this to improve, but wow, tonight was bad. It was embarrassing.

Pretty accurate description of the game.

Our guard play is unbelievably bad. Our defensive intensity is non existent. We have two good bigs.
I think Ben is going to get fired. This is formless garbage.
Our guards are getting no direction...Hawkins can do some things but you need to tell him the things he can't do. Teach him, help him channel what he does well. He just plays and gets to all his bad habits too often.
Mitchell cannot defend anyone.
I agree Payne and Garcia have ability but again do we consistently put them in position to do what they do best?

This offensive "scheme" is dreadful. The guards are not good but this offense, whatever it is, is putting pressure on them to create it off the dribble and that's just not what they are capable of.
Mitchell, Carrington and Christie are jump shooters, not slashers. Hawkins can drive but he is too small and often out of control.

JOJ is a mystery player. Unless he is getting a pass at the bucket he is invisible out there. He is so athletic but seems to have no desire to play defense at all, or offense for that matter if he isn't getting the ball.

I think right now, even though I like Hawkins, I'd go Payne, Garcia, Carrington, Christie and Mitchell. Feed the post and shoot threes- that's what they have. Hawkins turns it over and can't physically match up on defense. Too bad because he is the only kid that can create for others on the whole team.

San Francisco is much better than you're giving them credit for. Bet they're a top four WCC team this year.
And what’s your point? We didn’t even compete with them. Open your eyes and quit lecturing everyone. This is ugly and it’s going to get worse. There is no evidence to the contrary and hasn’t been for 3 years.

Top Bottom