***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS QUINNIPIAC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yes, Quinnipiac coach said the same thing. It was a planned play and he was surprised to not see him out there.

Didn't really need to see him play for the Wild to know he was our best defenseman, and likely the best in the country.

Maybe just maybe he should have been on the ice to start overtime. But heck we will get back there again in 5 years for more disappointment.

To think that the Gophers took their foot off the accelerator because they didn't want Q to look bad is beyond comprehension. No one I ever played with or known in competitive sports has that mindset. Now, it looked like Bob told them to quit forechecking aggressively and play 3 or 4 back defense. That seems possible. But certainly not because he didn't want to embarrass the Q players. No chance in hell.
I was just talking with someone about this yesterday at a comic con. She is a new writer of comics and a big hockey fan. We were bemoaning the Wild and Gopher collapses.

The concensus was that Minnesota sports team lack the "killer instict" and take their foot off the gas before the critical period or game is over.

This inability to finish anything is so Minnesotan. I say that being a born and raised current resident of Minnesota. It is part of the administration and Board of Regents at UMN.

I look at the path of least resistance taken by administrative people at UMN and just shake my head. The athletic department doesn't stand up for itself. That is obvious by how long it took to build the athletic village. Tubby Smith brought it up when he came in and when he left it still wasn't off the ground. In fact, IIRC they broke ground in it about 8 years after he left.

The hallmark of Minnesota behavior isnt MN Nice, its obfuscation, redirection and delay tactics.

Last edited:

I was just talking with someone about this yesterday at a comic con. She is a new writer of comics and a big hockey fan. We were bemoaning the Wild and Gopher collapses.

The concensus was that Minnesota sports team lack the "killer instict" and take their foot off the gas before the critical period or game is over.

This inability to finish anything is so Minnesotan. I say that being a born and raised current resident of Minnesota. It is part of the administration and Board of Regents at UMN.

I look at the path of least resistance taken by administrative people at UMN and just shake my head. The athletic department doesn't stand up for itself. That is obvious by how long it took to build the athletic village. Tubby Smith brought it up when he came in and when he left it still wasn't off the ground. In fact, IIRC they broke ground in it about 8 years after he left.

The hallmark of Minnesota behavior is MN Nice its obfuscation, redirection and delay tactics.
Wow, talk about overthinking it.

If you wanna watch the heartbreaking end of the game it’s on espn U right now until 8:30pm.

After being at both games I have no intention to ever watch that game nor the 2014 Final again. In fact, I pretty much never watch any loss a second time.

Not only do I not want to watch the game, I refuse to talk to people about it. I don't want to debtate who's at fault, what went wrong and where, etc.
We lost, it's over, I just want next year to start. This was hands down my most painful loss as a sports fan.

Not only do I not want to watch the game, I refuse to talk to people about it. I don't want to debtate who's at fault, what went wrong and where, etc.
We lost, it's over, I just want next year to start. This was hands down my most painful loss as a sports fan.
What about that 1989 National Championship?

Top Bottom