***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota VS. Purdue -(GAME THREAD)-

I know you are more of a hoops guy, so maybe you didn't know it isn't allowed to question Kill on this board. You can't be a real fan if you do.

I would be off the deep end if this was the basketball team. Right now this is the worst looking team in terms of being out of position and also in effort that I have ever seen at this level. It's too early to conclusively say this is Kill's fault, but he sold himself as a "coach 'em up guy" and so far it looks worse than the product put out by the coach everyone said couldn't coach a lick. Young or not young there's enough talent here to perform a lot better than this.

After taking a deep breath, I was able to step back from the ledge. This team has 53 freshman. In 3 years, this will be an experienced team. Things will get better.

I would be off the deep end if this was the basketball team. Right now this is the worst looking team in terms of being out of position and also in effort that I have ever seen at this level. It's too early to conclusively say this is Kill's fault, but he sold himself as a "coach 'em up guy" and so far it looks worse than the product put out by the coach everyone said couldn't coach a lick. Young or not young there's enough talent here to perform a lot better than this.

Although I think things will go smoother for the hoops team this year, they easily could have another meltdown similar to last season. I agree with everything you wrote by the way.

At work, following on Yahoo and this board. What I don't get is when our QB is 4 of 16 with a pick 6 (last I looked) why is he still playing? Is it because of his whopping 20 yards rushing?

Honestly- I don't recall us ever being this pathetic under Brewster. Brewster didn't get the job done - but so far this is worse. Way worse.

Remember his first year? We only beat Miami OH.

At work, following on Yahoo and this board. What I don't get is when our QB is 4 of 16 with a pick 6 (last I looked) why is he still playing? Is it because of his whopping 20 yards rushing?

Because you can't see the number of drops, including a TD.

Remember his first year? We only beat Miami OH.

Kelly - here were the scores:

09/01/2007* 7:00 p.m. Bowling Green Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN BTN L 32–31 OT
09/08/2007* 11:00 a.m. Miami (Ohio) Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN BTN W 41–35 3OT
09/15/2007* 12:00 p.m. at Florida Atlantic Dolphin Stadium • Miami Gardens, FL ESPN360 L 42–39
09/22/2007 8:00 p.m. Purdue Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN ESPN2 L 45–31
09/29/2007 7:00 p.m. #8 Ohio State Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN ESPN2 L 30–7
10/06/2007 11:00 a.m. at Indiana Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN BTN L 40–20
10/13/2007 11:00 a.m. at Northwestern Ryan Field • Evanston, IL BTN L 49–48 2OT
10/20/2007* 11:00 a.m. North Dakota State Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN BTN L 27–21
10/27/2007 2:30 p.m. at #20 Michigan Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI (Little Brown Jug) ESPN Classic L 34–10
11/03/2007 7:00 p.m. Illinois Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN BTN L 44–17
11/10/2007 11:00 a.m. at Iowa Kinnick Stadium • Iowa City, IA (Floyd of Rosedale) BTN L 21–16
11/17/2007 2:30 p.m. Wisconsin Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN (Paul Bunyan's Axe) BTN L 41–34

Looks like we competed better than this in every game.

Kill is a better coach than Brewster. He beat him. I hope no one is debating that.

Kill is a better coach than Brewster. He beat him. I hope no one is debating that.

I agree, and even if Kill is the guy I think it's going to take at least 5 yrs. to really turn the corner, and he has to be showing significant progress during that time.

i'll debate that. it was one game. you can draw any line you want thru one data point

I'm going to eat crow right now. I though kill was an unreal hire but he looks absolutely horseshyt right now. Himself to go along with his staff is just so in over his head running a team and recruiting it's just flabbergasting.

Also, people who are complaining about the refs in this game are funny. Good humor guys.
Complain about Kill all you want but take a close look at the upperclassman on this roster. Have you ever seen a team with such a total lack of senior leadership? I'm still waiting for one, just one, to step up and be a true leader. McKnight? he's too busy whining about lack of balls going his way and then dropping ones that do; Bennett? he appears to have regressed; Jacobs/Kirksey?? they have been terrible; Wynn/Bunders/Orton??? I sure hope we have some underclassman that can do more; Stoudermre/Salamon/Royston/Lewis/Johnson/Klitzke?????? - our defensive backfield has been pretty bad; Tinsley/Sveum?? Gary has been alright; Lair/McGarry?? - I thought our TEs were going to be a strong point; and finally Schwerman? Let's just say our kicking game hasn't been too great. Most average to good teams count on their upperclassmen to be the true leaders of the team and the ones that will go out there and make big plays. So how many of the above have truly done that? Then take a close look at our Juniors and there again you will see players with potential that have not stepped up.

I'm hoping that the players having the same system/coordinators going into the offseason will allow the team to improve dramatically next year. It likely will not show as dramatically in the W column next year but I do think that some continuity will make a big difference. When is the last time we went into the offseason without having a change in head coach/O coordinator/D coordinator? Give Kill some time. In the meantime it remains to be seen if any upperclassmen will step it up.

Top Bottom