***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN TOURNAMENT WEAKLING WEDNESDAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We control our own destiny. We are 5 wins from the BT title, and 6 more wins from a natty. Or, we are potentially 24 hours from an era ending in Dinkytown.

Teams who make surprising runs often have a dynamic scorer who can take over a game and go on a 4-5 day run. We have that in Carr.

I have no idea if I'll type this again, but I do hope I do:

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Carr have a Kemba-like run? Would need him to to have any chance left for some fun this season

Carr with help from Johnson will have to carry this team to win. Of the two Johnson has played with the most grit and energy. At times Carr has looked like he has already packed in this season.

I'm actually excited about this game. This is the fifth time we've been to Weakling Wednesday during Pitino's tenure so this feels familiar and comfortable to me. And, to top it off, this is the rubber match as the previous four appearances have resulted in a 2-2 tie!

Carr goes for 25
Johnson goes for 18 & 11

we chuck up at least 25 3's....just a matter of how many we make

We will lose by 10 or more in this one and Pitino will be forced to Uber to wherever his new home will be. It is evident that this team is depleted and maybe just not very good without Robbins and Gabe. Like, Nebraska bad.

Really hope pitino decides to go smaller for this game and start ihnen at center. NW doesn't have a ton of size but their bigs are definitely quicker than quick sand curry at this point.

What time will the Gophers play Saturday if they win a few games? I have tickets to a LIVE SPORTING EVENT!!!!!!!! and want to make sure it doesn't interfere.

Really hope pitino decides to go smaller for this game and start ihnen at center. NW doesn't have a ton of size but their bigs are definitely quicker than quick sand curry at this point.
He won't do it, but I have been hoping he would do this since Robbins went down, at least for a portion of the game. That is where Ihnen is effective - getting boards and on defense. On the perimeter he is a floater.

He won't do it, but I have been hoping he would do this since Robbins went down, at least for a portion of the game. That is where Ihnen is effective - getting boards and on defense. On the perimeter he is a floater.
Yeah agree he probably won't do it, his inability to be flexible in game is part of his downfall as coach. I thought this would have been effective lineup against maryland as well but he only went to that for a small portion of the game.

Dateline Indianapolis:

Scenario 1:

Pitno rolls out his Old Faithfull lineup sans Kalesheur and Robbins:

PG: Mashburn
PG2: Carr
SF: Williams
PF: Johnson
C: Ihnen

NW doubles carr the entire game and packs their defense inside the 3 point line daring the Gophers to shoot. Gophers take the bait and fire bricks enough to rebuild Allen Fieldhouse. Pitino era ends in a double digit loss.

Scenario 2:

Pitno say "Screw it" NW has no big men:

PG: Carr
SG: Williams
SF: Gach
PF: Ihnen or Johnson
C: Johnson or OMG Freeman

Gophers relentlessly pound the ball inside to Johnson, Ihnen and Freeman. NW pushes Minnesota into the bonus at the 5 min mark into the game. Mashburn comes in for Gach and Carr/Mashburn start a driving parade to the FT line never seen before in B1G tournament history! Gophers convert on 82% of 53 FT chances for the game to win by 5. Robbins takes his boot off in celebration and Gabe's finger is magically healed by Hermoine Granger in preparation for Ohio State.

It could happen.

Dateline Indianapolis:

Scenario 1:

Pitno rolls out his Old Faithfull lineup sans Kalesheur and Robbins:

PG: Mashburn
PG2: Carr
SF: Williams
PF: Johnson
C: Ihnen

NW doubles carr the entire game and packs their defense inside the 3 point line daring the Gophers to shoot. Gophers take the bait and fire bricks enough to rebuild Allen Fieldhouse. Pitino era ends in a double digit loss.

Scenario 2:

Pitno say "Screw it" NW has no big men:

PG: Carr
SG: Williams
SF: Gach
PF: Ihnen or Johnson
C: Johnson or OMG Freeman

Gophers relentlessly pound the ball inside to Johnson, Ihnen and Freeman. NW pushes Minnesota into the bonus at the 5 min mark into the game. Mashburn comes in for Gach and Carr/Mashburn start a driving parade to the FT line never seen before in B1G tournament history! Gophers convert on 82% of 53 FT chances for the game to win by 5. Robbins takes his boot off in celebration and Gabe's finger is magically healed by Hermoine Granger in preparation for Ohio State.

It could happen.
I like #2. Freeman has been practicing dunking all week.

Top Bottom