***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS CLEMSON ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE IN-GAME THREAD***

FYI

I'm an extremely Heterosexual man, his girl is at least a 7 if not better. I didn't look at him the way you did, but I did recognize him as he's almost always got those tickets. I've sat in/requested those tickets in the past, he's always got them.

FYI to both of you - the Kiss Cam will be banned the day that homosexuals figure out that they are not equally featured on it. :)

Oto had a dime thats for sure. Who was Hoff hanging out with?

He posted some pics of him and his girlfriend while he was on the team... They were on a pretty damn nice boat and she was wearing an american flag bikini... Let just say she was a smoke show.

I suppose, but there were a number of times where we did have preseason hype and still didn't get a remotely decent opponent. We had hype going into almost every year with Tubby after he made the tournament. We also had hype going into last year. If I remember correctly, that Florida State team graduated a lot of their talent and weren't expected to do a whole lot when we played them. Agree with you that we will likely deserve a good team then, though based on history I'm skeptical the challenge will agree.

It must be said that the pairings this year were not perfectly matched in terms of success. Purdue, who was pretty good last year and appears to be better this year, played Pitt, a team that wasn't very good last year. Iowa was pretty good last year, appears to be an NCAA tournament team this year, and played Florida State, a team that wasn't very good last year and doesn't have much expectations this year. Nebraska had a losing season last year but drew a pretty tough team in Miami. Notre Dame was very good last year and drew mediocre Illinois. Virginia was also very good last year, had a pretty high preseason ranking this year, and drew Ohio State who was just a middle of the pack Big Ten team last year. Indiana was also a middle of the pack Big Ten team last year and drew the reigning national champion.

The rest of the Big Ten teams seemed pretty well matched.

It must be said that the pairings this year were not perfectly matched in terms of success. Purdue, who was pretty good last year and appears to be better this year, played Pitt, a team that wasn't very good last year. Iowa was pretty good last year, appears to be an NCAA tournament team this year, and played Florida State, a team that wasn't very good last year and doesn't have much expectations this year. Nebraska had a losing season last year but drew a pretty tough team in Miami. Notre Dame was very good last year and drew mediocre Illinois. Virginia was also very good last year, had a pretty high preseason ranking this year, and drew Ohio State who was just a middle of the pack Big Ten team last year. Indiana was also a middle of the pack Big Ten team last year and drew the reigning national champion.

The rest of the Big Ten teams seemed pretty well matched.

It's a made-for-TV event coordinated between ESPN and the conferences, so the marquee matchups are designed to maximize viewership through the highest profile programs. The rest of the games come from what's left over.

I was insinuating Nwanko would have been better, just someone with legitimate center size who could share duties with Bakary, especially when Bakary is struggling. Bakary's offensive looks fine, he really needs to work on staying low and keeping better position on defense and for rebounds.

If we had Nwanko, we probably wouldn't have Murphy. How do you know that Nwanko would have been any better than Bakary anyway? Bakary was pretty bad last night but he's had a few good games this year and I still believe he can be a solid contributor. He's developed a very nice hook shot and I don't know why he doesn't go to it more consistently. Instead he seems to be trying to duplicate Mo's signature move too often and he looks awful when he tries to do it.

Top Bottom