***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS CANISIUS NCAA TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I get it that the play was mostly ugly for at least 1.5 periods but boy was this thread dramatic.

There was never a point in this game where it felt like we would lose. It was always a matter of time.

Saturday, now that game will require better play to start to feel an sort of confidence.

I get it that the play was mostly ugly for at least 1.5 periods but boy was this thread dramatic.

There was never a point in this game where it felt like we would lose. It was always a matter of time.

Saturday, now that game will require better play to start to feel an sort of confidence.
Then you have likely not been a fan of Minnesota sports for very long. I have to admit that I was really concerned when we were down 2-1.

Then you have likely not been a fan of Minnesota sports for very long. I have to admit that I was really concerned when we were down 2-1.

I think it's a matter my attitude, rather than my past experience.

As a fan, I prefer to look for the positive. It is far, far more fun that way. Yes, I am disappointed if my team eventuallly comes up "short" — as in failing to win this year's version of The Ultimate Championship. But I choose to allow myself to enjoy the journey, rather than focus exclusively on the end result. And it is a conscious choice.

Yesterday is gone. The future is unknowable. I say: enjoy the here and now.

As a fan, I prefer to look for the positive. It is far, far more fun that way. Yes, I am disappointed if my team eventuallly comes up "short" — as in failing to win this year's version of The Ultimate Championship. But I choose to allow myself to enjoy the journey, rather than focus exclusively on the end result. And it is a conscious choice.

RM, I meant that kind of tongue-in-cheek. Just trying to inject a little levity here. And yes, it's a lot more fun to be positive. I generally am too. But had we lost that game last night... I would be struggling to find positivity in the world this morning.

RM, I meant that kind of tongue-in-cheek. Just trying to inject a little levity here. And yes, it's a lot more fun to be positive. I generally am too. But had we lost that game last night... I would be struggling to find positivity in the world this morning.

Oh, I agree.

But I like to follow the old baseball saying: Hope springs eternal. And we avid fans might do well to remember that sports are entertainment, and not life and death.

Oh, I agree.

But I like to follow the old baseball saying: Hope springs eternal. And we avid fans might do well to remember that sports are entertainment, and not life and death.
You are right, of course. Not life and death. However... I am going to have many, many Old Fashions at the VFW if the Gophs lose to St. Cloud.

Agree with others that I never really felt like Gophs were in trouble... missed the first period, so that probably helped. The last 4-5 goals they looked relaxed and just taking care of business. StC has to be thinking Holy S**t after watching Gophs explode.

Will you be my Gopher sports fan therapist...;)

Biggest tournament wins since LSSU's 9-1 win in the 1994 final over BU (after three overtime games before. Wow...):
2023: UMN over Canisius 9-2
2017: PSU over Union 10-3
2010: uw over RIT 8-1
2006: BU over UNO 9-2
2003: UMN over Mercyhurst 9-2
1995: DU over UNH 9-2

Agree with others that I never really felt like Gophs were in trouble... missed the first period, so that probably helped. The last 4-5 goals they looked relaxed and just taking care of business. StC has to be thinking Holy S**t after watching Gophs explode.
This was an opponent we could sleepwalk through most of the game, turn it on for the last 20 minutes, and blow them out of the arena. Hopefully tomorrow night we get a 60 minute effort. A 50 minute effort probably ends our season.

This was an opponent we could sleepwalk through most of the game, turn it on for the last 20 minutes, and blow them out of the arena. Hopefully tomorrow night we get a 60 minute effort. A 50 minute effort probably ends our season.
On the flip side, if SCSU comes out in the first 10 minutes like they did yesterday, and we bring it, there will be a couple of gopher goals before fans reach their seats.

I'm not sure about that...unless those 10 minutes are pretty bad.

Biggest tournament wins since LSSU's 9-1 win in the 1994 final over BU (after three overtime games before. Wow...):
OSU jumping these.

It was too close for comfort for Minnesota sports fans.

Top Bottom