***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. California (GAME THREAD)

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier but announcer said that in discussions with Brewster he said their biggest hole was a first class running back and that he has two commitments to fill that hole.

I wouldn't trust Collado to make an open field tackle on me.

we can go nowhere with this o-line...great improvement with Meyer here.

Collado was on the edge, but got blocked. Either way it was TD, I don't trust Collado making an open field tackle on Best.

Well, if he wasn't pushed 5 yards back into the end zone he could have forced it back inside.

Weber is just scared now. Two terrible protection plays and then he leaves the pocket for no reason.

Pathetic. No one on the OL should have a secure job right now.

I don't understand why the freshmen can't play. Yeah, it might be nice to redshirt them, but it would be nice to see if they can help THIS year.

now I feel bad for Weber...I haven't been his biggest fan but I wouldn't want to stand in back of this line

Excellent game against a great opponent. Good job men. Cmich gopher signing off.

We brought in a couple of highly rated O Lineman this year are any of them ready to be playing?

We brought in a couple of highly rated O Lineman this year are any of them ready to be playing?

Of course not. We're too stacked across the board to play any of them. Or any of our younger recruits at any position for that matter.

I just saw a 350+ pound man get pushed with one arm and did a 180....your a beast Wills :rolleyes:

So disapointed but still proud of how they battled back and came sooo close.

Gray needs to start getting some snaps at QB.

Gray needs to start getting some snaps at QB.

I agree with this now. I wasn't sure if Weber had some rust or if something more serious was the problem, but I now think Gray needs a series to see what he's got.

Weber actually didn't wait til the 4th quarter this time to start making good passes. Though he threw 3 picks, the first 1 was the only that mattered and IMO, was one of just a couple of mistakes he made today. He made much better throws today and was consistent. Our O-Line is so pathetic it's not even funny. Every play it seemed Weber was rolling out running for his life looking for a receiver. When he had time, he made the completion. Too bad that wasn't very often. No OL and no running game usually = a loss. Glad to see Gray getting more and more plays. Would like to see him start getting more snaps also.

well here's the thing last year this game would have been 42-7 we have a better team than last year and the teams we play this year in the big ten with exception of PSU and OSU are not even gonna come close to how good this cal team is and we fought back and hung in there and that makes me feel better...I think we can beat any team we play this year in the big ten with this type of a showing against a VERY GOOD cal team.

Couldn't agree more...and Air Force may be a better team, too. Gophers definitely improving, especially on defense, and the new stadium seems to be making a difference. The Warmath home field advantage may be back - all we need is an O-line that can protect Weber/Gray and some running backs with strength, size, and speed.

The o-line did not play well today but don't forget the quality of the Cal d-line had something to do with that.

The o-line did not play well today but don't forget the quality of the Cal d-line had something to do with that.

True, but the Cal d-line didn't play for the 'Cuse or Air Force and it was the same bullsh*t

No doubt the OL really cost us the game. Any type of speed rusher matched up on Wills and it's a a guaranteed sack/hurry.

No doubt the OL really cost us the game. Any type of speed rusher matched up on Wills and it's a a guaranteed sack/hurry.

That was not "any type of speed rusher" . Alualu is Cal's best DL and was 2nd team All Pac-10 last year. Wills probably won't see a guy as good the rest of the year.

That was not "any type of speed rusher" . Alualu is Cal's best DL and was 2nd team All Pac-10 last year. Wills probably won't see a guy as good the rest of the year.

Did Syracuse also have a guy that good too? Sorry but Wills is just a blob in the uniform.

Syracuse was Wills first D1 game. I don't know how he will develop but it is tough for huge OL like Wills unless they have great technique. Brew would not being playing a Juco unless he didn't have a real hole to fill with none of the underclassmen ready. It takes a minimum of 2-3 years for the average high school oline recruit to get up to Big 10 level. These are not 5 star guys Wills is starting over.

Well considering how the start of the game went, I dont think there is a whole lot to complain about. The defense again, looked pretty good (minus) callado who really hurt us in the 4th.

One thing that really upset me about this game was the poor tackling. I dont know how many times I saw us wrap Best up just to have a few guys run by and then have him break free. Some of our safeties look scared to make any contact. That 3rd and 15 in the 4th may have been diverted if our safety would have hit the reciever instead of run to side and attempt to drag him down. You want to slow down a back like Best, hit him hard when hes wrapped up. Enough with being satisfied when you wrap him up and bring him down. Send him a message. I hope I dont see too much more of that.

Top Bottom