***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS BOWLING GREEN QUICK LANE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
BOWL GAME FOOTBALL!!!! DETROIT!!!! REVENGE ON BOWLING GREEN!!!! COLE'S FIRST CAREER START!!!

Whether or not this is the game we all dreamt we'd be in, it's still Gopher football and it's still a bowl game and I am still PUMPED!!!!

Fleck has done a great job of getting our guys focused and ready for bowl games in his tenure. This is often the biggest issue with the secondary bowls. Tuesday afternoon kickoff in Detroit, can't imagine the atmosphere will be lit, but it's coaches job to get the players fired up. If you are juiceless you are useless!

Let's finish this season feeling good, get a 5th straight bowl win under Fleck and 7th overall as a program. We are a bowl game program!!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Darius play? How about Bryce Williams—is he recovered and will he get a last hurrah? Can Le’Meke play a whole game yet? Will Maverick be back healthy? Will Nubin or BSF opt out? Does Crooms opting for the NFL have any meaning as to his availability? So many things we might not know until the game starts.

Last edited:

Do we like Gophers at (-3.5)?

The degenerate gambler in me wants to at least have some action on the game.

Today we start the big push
yep-yes-yes.gif

I do, but I truly am a degenerate, lol.
  1. Until proven otherwise, I believe PJ cares about bowl games and prepares/plays to win.
  2. BGSU may have beaten Minnesota straight up during the season, but with transfers and an NFL opt-out (I believe), I don’t think they’re close to the same team. Missing high-end talent on a MAC team is devastating.
  3. Probably the opposite for Minnesota with some guys who were injured at the end of the year returning, making them better than the team we saw against Wisconsin. I’ve heard nothing about this (or opt outs), but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Taylor, Green, Baranowski, Brockington, a healthy CrAB, etc.
  4. I’m going over 38 and Gophers - 3…something like 24 - 17.

I think we do but my optimism is on Kramer at QB. So maybe see if you can find a $10 minimum house to wager at. Impossible to know...we don't even know who is playing for either team.

Been saying it all season so why stop now?

Must score points.

Today I think the Gophers will do just that. Ski U Mah!

BOWL GAME FOOTBALL!!!! DETROIT!!!! REVENGE ON BOWLING GREEN!!!! COLE'S FIRST CAREER START!!!

Whether or not this is the game we all dreamt we'd be in, it's still Gopher football and it's still a bowl game and I am still PUMPED!!!!

Fleck has done a great job of getting our guys focused and ready for bowl games in his tenure. This is often the biggest issue with the secondary bowls. Tuesday afternoon kickoff in Detroit, can't imagine the atmosphere will be lit, but it's coaches job to get the players fired up. If you are juiceless you are useless!

Let's finish this season feeling good, get a 5th straight bowl win under Fleck and 7th overall as a program. We are a bowl game program!!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are there any more exclamation ❗️ left?

i
  1. Until proven otherwise, I believe PJ cares about bowl games and prepares/plays to win.
  2. BGSU may have beaten Minnesota straight up during the season, but with transfers and an NFL opt-out (I believe), I don’t think they’re close to the same team. Missing high-end talent on a MAC team is devastating.
  3. Probably the opposite for Minnesota with some guys who were injured at the end of the year returning, making them better than the team we saw against Wisconsin. I’ve heard nothing about this (or opt outs), but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Taylor, Green, Baranowski, Brockington, a healthy CrAB, etc.
i think big question is how many of the opt outs/transfers are gone and truly not playing. lots of BG guys committed elsewhere, but are they going to go out and play one more game? We should run all over BG but will play our slow and plodding style with probably even less vertical attack/sideline throws with Kramer in. This one feels like it'll be low scoring to me unless there are turnovers. I'm thinking more on the 17-10 type game which feels gross (I never bet unders except when Iowa is playing), but could get out of hand for the Gophers if BG turns it over and be something like 31-10 (I just don't think BG has any athletes that can run away from us like we've seen in B10 play and they aren't going to run straight through us (I'd expect it to be similar to EMU in terms of the athletes on the field)

One day we'll look back and say "It all began here...at the Quick Lane Bowl." Hang onto those $2 tickets...will be a collectible, for sure.

Well, at least SOME late action on the Rodents; line has moved down to (-3) recently.

I would take the Over at 38 also, but the O/U number I have is at 42. I don't know if I like that number either way, at least not enough to bet it

Do we have any idea who is and isn't playing today? Nubin? Taylor?

Top Bottom