***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS BOSTON FROZEN FOUR IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Came here to figure out WTF that was. Live in Tampa Bay, going to the Natty, can't figure out how wisconsin is "hosting" this but apparently it's happened before when it's in Tampa.

Guess since Madison is a "C" tier city it can't host events like this itself, so they sidle up to Tampa to put their name on the boards.
I guess if you want to make the Frozen Four, just finish in last place and fire your coach.

I guess if you want to make the Frozen Four, just finish in last place and fire your coach.
I'm going with F you Shitsconisin. We'll put your garbage on our bench and show you a real team. It would be awesome if it's trolling. I doubt it, because Motzko wouldn't do that, but that would be next level.

Yes! Finally got the goals that were hitting off the metal!

Gotta hand it to the boys. It was frustrating to be tied 2-2 going into the third, but they came out and absolutely dominated the third period. Good clean game overall. Play this way Saturday night and we can hang #6.

We score 3 in the 3rd. I’m happy the refs are calling these penalties and not the “let them play” stuff.

I have complete faith we will win this.

How many cardiac arrests occur due to Hockey games? I wouldn’t want to check my blood pressure right

We scored 4 but so happy right now. Cheers!

We get to play for a championship. Gotta love it.

Hit the net a bit more Saturday and lets bring it home.

Whoever we'll face on Saturday, I just hope we play our best game and completely blow them out like an early season exhibition match.

Rewatching the game as I was watching on my phone with no volume. Barry Melrose is the worst. I don’t think he is mentally all there.

Michigan's Quinnipiac line is Michigan favored 1.5.

I would be shocked if Michigan lost.

Chantilli and lace gave up the last goal

"Hosted by Wisc"...WTF?
Yeah, that is a WTF. What do they have to do with anything?
Came here to figure out WTF that was. Live in Tampa Bay, going to the Natty, can't figure out how wisconsin is "hosting" this but apparently it's happened before when it's in Tampa.

Guess since Madison is a "C" tier city it can't host events like this itself, so they sidle up to Tampa to put their name on the boards.
All NCAA regionals and finals have a hosting entity. Usually, it’s a nearby member institution, but sometimes it’s a conference. When the U hosts an event like an NCAA regional or the Frozen Four at the X, you’ll see the logo displayed. The hosting institution does a lot of the planning and sources much of the labor needed to pull off these events. Our athletic department has a reputation for doing this very well and that, coupled with community support and great facilities, is why we host NCAA events so often.

In hockey, they have decided to include Frozen Four locations not located near participating institutions. I suppose that the NCAA could take on much of the work normally done by a host, but why would they do that when they can get someone else to do it? So for a Frozen Four in Tampa, wisconsin is the host. Doesn’t make a lot of geographic sense, but get used to it. Future host institutions include Vermont (in St. Louis) and North Dakota (in Las Vegas).

At least ND hosting in Las Vegas makes a little sense since Ralph Englestadt owned the Imperial Palace.

He’ll be rolling over in his grave that the Sioux head will not be on the boards though.

Gotta hand it to the boys. It was frustrating to be tied 2-2 going into the third, but they came out and absolutely dominated the third period. Good clean game overall. Play this way Saturday night and we can hang #6.
The Minnesotan in me felt like at home when the pucks were clanging off the posts and the goals were being disallowed. This whole pushing through adversity when it matters most thing is very foreign to me. It feels good, I think.

The Minnesotan in me felt like at home when the pucks were clanging off the posts and the goals were being disallowed. This whole pushing through adversity when it matters most thing is very foreign to me. It feels good, I think.
Ha! Yeah this team has showed all year that they don't quit even when they fall behind. I can think of several late game tying goals they have scored, it's been cool to see.

I know. I just hate small m with a passion. Just talking shit about them. But the good guys changed that.....
I should have explained that I thought it was funny. Many Michigan fans I've met have been nice, but there have been some very arrogant ones.

Top Bottom