*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-TEXAS TECH IN-GAME BOWL THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
I know we're a good 11 hours away from kick-off, but it's clear I'm not getting much work done today so it's time to start the in-game thread early!!! We must win the turnover battle and contain their passing attack. We have to eat time up with some nice methodical drives. Last time we'll ever see these seniors wear maroon and gold. Thanks for the memories fellas, you've been through a lot. Let's get after it.

Clock eating drives to give the defense good rest is the key to me. That means no 3 and outs, and no bad turnovers. Hopefully with the offensive line coming back in tact from injuries, we can try to control the line of scrimmage in this one.

Just goes to show that the Gopher game is very high on peoples' priority list.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Exactly! I am taking off from work at noon in preparation for this evening. Seems logical, right?

Go Gophers! Beat Tech!

We will find out tonight just how good the pass defense really was this year. We fared well against the pass first teams we played this year but Tech is clearly the best of the bunch. The key to this game is clearly going to be our offense though. Tech does not have a good defense, if we can muster anything offensively we have a shot to make this interesting.

Hoping we come out of the gate strong tonight!

Clock eating drives to give the defense good rest is the key to me. That means no 3 and outs, and no bad turnovers. Hopefully with the offensive line coming back in tact from injuries, we can try to control the line of scrimmage in this one.

That is the big one to me. Ball control offense to me means actually controlling the ball for extended periods of time, not just not turning it over and punting every four downs. If we come out with two consecutive three and outs to start the game (or even if one of those drives starts with a 12 yard trick play and we go four and out), I think our defense is going to get worn down fast.

We need some receivers to get open and to CATCH the ball. To make some plays. If we are efficient and can capitalize in the passing game, then it's a game! We won't beat this team without some guys stepping up and making some plays on offense. We won't be able to just run the ball against them. If we have some sort of semblance of a passing game, that's the key.

we must win turnover battle and avoid giving up the big play.

Do the Gophs get anyone back that were injured in the B10 season?

3 hours til game time, I'm ready. Let's get this thing going! See you guys at Pourhouse.

Rare pro-Gopher tweet from the almighty Tony Dungy!

Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy
“@BiggieFresh: @TonyDungy Minnesota or Texas Tech??” Gophers will get it going and win this one.

Pulling for Rutgers, our future conference brethren, but somebody PLEASE score in this game. I don't wanna see no overtime.

Hopefully Rutgers takes advantage of this field position and ends it in regulation.

In the Rut-VTech Bowl Game neither team has surpassed 200yds of Offense & it's only 19 seconds left... wow...

Why do we keep running that stupid a$$ fake end around play?! I am pretty sure it hasn't worked once this season.

Wettstein draws first blood

Guess we don't call blocks in the back anymore.

Top Bottom