***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I know it hasn’t been pretty, but I don’t think the sky is falling offensively here is why:

It’s clear that we are calling fades, go routes, and long outs, but those are not Morgan’s strength. So I conclude they trying to work on that and what better place to try to improve than a game situation against a poor team? He is much better with slants, ins, short quick routes and we have dialed up zero slants today.

We’ve also been running more outside and stretch plays when we know our strength is dives and counters. That’s why it just seems like a strangely called game. Sometimes I think he purposely works on things or sets up stuff on film for next week and then goes the other way.

Just my .02 from watching this team every down all season.

That's what I'm wondering.
Our play calling early was a little odd.

We're a weird 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 team.

Seems odd we don't convert on those at about a 90% rate.

Like the extra point to send the Fresno game to OT or double OT. Or the 37 yard field goal in double OT that gave us the lead and the eventual win?

Our kicking game is much shakier than in recent years....but I wouldn't call this a Blair Walsh situation just yet.

If Blair has eligibility, I'd take him.

According to the stats, we should be ahead 42-0: 235 yards to 29, 14 first downs to 4, two turnovers by Rutgers, i yard passing for Rutgers, yet we could still lose this game!

In what world do you think this Rutgers team scores 15+?

Did you just cite an extra point as confidence inspiring?

As far as being able to make kicks in high pressure situations....he made his two XPs that would have lost us the game had he missed at the end of regulation and in OT.....and made the 37 yard FG in double OT at Fresno to give us the lead.

I don't think anyone would suggest that our kicking game is in great shape....but we've been spoiled in recent years compared to a lot of teams. I'll wait until Lantz is put in that critical position and fails. So far....he got it done at Fresno when we put him in that position.

Tanner probably knows the only way Rutgers can score is to intercept one of his passes and run it back. Maybe that’s affecting how he throws the ball. Whatever the problem is, he needs to shake it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run the ball down their throat for a 6 minute TD drive and we can all feel better.

Run game is really missing Paulson and Kieft. Lots of blocks being missed on the edge. Glad to see bigger chunk runs on this drive, but you're not seeing the super explosive runs we've seen the past 3 weeks.

Edit: And as I say that, Witham makes a really nice block allowing that cutback by Smith :)

Anyone else seeing a better O-line with Andries in instead of Faalele?

Anyone else seeing a better O-line with Andries in instead of Faalele?

Yeh, but I'm not sure it's just a Faalele thing...
D-line might be wearing down as well.

TM trying not to block anyone on that play. Lol.

That's the second time I've seen Coughlin in coverage today. Guess they're running some zone blitzes...

Oh boy...Martin looks really hurt. Not good.

Yeh, but I'm not sure it's just a Faalele thing...
D-line might be wearing down as well.

Fair. At the same time, we dominated a more talented Nebraska line last week with the same set up. We'll see how it plays out.

Top Bottom