***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE PRIME TIME WHITE OUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don't get the "have to have balance". Who cares if it is run only or pass only as long as it works. Whatever happened to take what the D gives you?

Well, maybe I'm wrong - but
Purdue - couldn't run the ball = loss
Illinois - couldn't throw the ball = loss

The Gopher offense is designed as a complimentary system. establish the run, and use that to set up the pass. If you can't establish the run, the system doesn't work. and if the running game works, but you can't compliment it with some type of passing attack, then it just isn't as effective against a quality opponent.

I just don't think the Gophers are capable of beating a good team with a 'one-way' offense. they need both to be successful, because that's the way the offense is designed. as we saw in the last two weeks, when both elements aren't working, the offense just looks out of sync.

l
So Amsterdam is only 3-hours ahead of Minnesota now? You might want to double-check that.
I just found out the game is an evening game, not starting until 6:30 pm. so make that a 01:30 kick off…

Well, maybe I'm wrong - but
Purdue - couldn't run the ball = loss
Illinois - couldn't throw the ball = loss

The Gopher offense is designed as a complimentary system. establish the run, and use that to set up the pass. If you can't establish the run, the system doesn't work. and if the running game works, but you can't compliment it with some type of passing attack, then it just isn't as effective against a quality opponent.

I just don't think the Gophers are capable of beating a good team with a 'one-way' offense. they need both to be successful, because that's the way the offense is designed. as we saw in the last two weeks, when both elements aren't working, the offense just looks out of sync.

Very few teams can win a game against another good team with only 38 yards passing.....or 47 yards rushing.

Dylan Wright not traveling with the team. Not injury related.

Shit. I mentioned earlier in the year (think it was the WIU game) that he was on the sidelines getting into it with Jackson. From then on, he was kind of detached from the team during the game. Looked like he may have been sulking. Hadn't noticed any lingering effects after that game, however. Hope this doesn't signal the end of his career here. Way too much talent. Looked at times like he could develop into a first rounder.

Assumed this would happen at some point.

Two straight games without a catch. Seems like he was still getting plenty of field time....but he just isn't targeted very often. Can assuming that he's frustrated considering how highly touted he was coming out of high school.

I'm ready to move on from Wright

So disappointing re Wright. He could have been a big asset. I hope he’s ok. He lost two friends in the past year or so to violence I think?

Giving up on that last route leading to the interception may have been the last straw. Called out by coaches and teammates, hopefully. Fireworks ensued. Just my wild guess.

Really disappointing. Culminating towards a judgement of head case and waste of God-given talent. Sad. Is there a route forward, or is this the end.

Dylan Wright profile still listed on UMN roster.

Good. He was terrible last week. Should be buried on the depth chart. This is what I said after the game last week. Play #18, Geary. Our depth at WR does not appear to be good.

Shit. I mentioned earlier in the year (think it was the WIU game) that he was on the sidelines getting into it with Jackson. From then on, he was kind of detached from the team during the game. Looked like he may have been sulking. Hadn't noticed any lingering effects after that game, however. Hope this doesn't signal the end of his career here. Way too much talent. Looked at times like he could develop into a first rounder.
Hasn't had a catch in 4 games and has never done a thing.

If he's gone, it's a big nothing burger.

I don't get the "have to have balance". Who cares if it is run only or pass only as long as it works. Whatever happened to take what the D gives you?
Because the defense doesn't give you anything if they know what's coming. Thus, best offenses are balanced to make D defend the whole field.

I just want to see some composure tonight from AK. I want to see a guy that has it for the future. We could get run tonight, but I'm wanting to see some positives from the qb.

And going forward, if this defense gets destroyed yet again, where is the hope down the line?

Please play a good game tonight, gophers.

Because the defense doesn't give you anything if they know what's coming. Thus, best offenses are balanced to make D defend the whole field.
Wikipedia gets credit (But I was listening to the game)
"Kitzmann’s finest hour on the gridiron came in a game against Illinois in 1977 at Champaign’s Memorial Stadium. When he carried the ball a Big Ten record 57 times for an astounding 266 yards in a 21–0 victory over the Illini,[3] helping the Gophers to virtually secure their first bowl invitation in fifteen years."

And... A few years ago New England came in to play the Viking when the Viking had the best run D in the business, Brady and Bill went empty backfield all game long and won the game.

Don't be ruled by the non thinkers. Bobby Fischer did not beat Spassky by doing what everyone else did.

Wikipedia gets credit (But I was listening to the game)
"Kitzmann’s finest hour on the gridiron came in a game against Illinois in 1977 at Champaign’s Memorial Stadium. When he carried the ball a Big Ten record 57 times for an astounding 266 yards in a 21–0 victory over the Illini,[3] helping the Gophers to virtually secure their first bowl invitation in fifteen years."

And... A few years ago New England came in to play the Viking when the Viking had the best run D in the business, Brady and Bill went empty backfield all game long and won the game.

Don't be ruled by the non thinkers. Bobby Fischer did not beat Spassky by doing what everyone else did.
If what you do best is overwhelmingly superior to what your opponent can offer to stop you, then, yes, you can be one dimensional and win. We could have beaten NMST by running every down or by passing every down.

But in most games nobody is that superior. That's why Ohio St. and Alabama run balanced offense.

No Dylan Wright tonight for Minnesota. He didn’t make the trip.

per andy greder of the PP

Excited to see AK in action tonight 🤞Good or bad, preview of our future at one of the best college football environments out there. If he can thrive in tonight’s game, then we’d be ready for Alabama in Tuscaloosa in 2033!

Top Bottom