***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If I'm him I'm wondering what happened and why I came here. It depresses me, and I'm not even him.
I also feel badly for MM. At least he can transfer back to home to somewhere like Loyola-Chicago, NIU, or Valpo and get some playing time, or maybe go out west to the WCC. I sure the hell would get out of here if I were MM, short of a great selling job by the next coach. .... no idea what he did in practice to get that deep in the hole with RP.

With RP gone it does not matter, but I could see Chicago prospects being hit with a lot of negative recruiting in terms of Minnesota after this Martice Mitchell debacle Pitino created.

Last edited:

Right, because 2 years ago they had just made the NCAA tournament for the 2nd time in 3 years, were about to have 2 players leave early for the NBA, and the future looked bright. So, yeah I guess you can call us crazy or whatever for not thinking that firing the coach at that time made sense.
And yeah, let's just ignore the part where this team was solidly in the tournament before Kalschuer and Robbins both got hit with injuries. But I guess it's Pitino's fault for breaking Kalscheurs finger, and twisting Robbins ankle
2 years ago the future did not look bright.

2 years ago the team had a really solid team and finished under .500 in the big ten. The roster was about to fall apart and the recruiting wasn’t good enough to match the talent that was leaving

So what the hell did Martice Mitchell do to never see the floor in a team that is short handed especially after half time?
that is a great question and honest question.....

To me, that is Pitino's biggest failing - the absolute lack of consequences when players don't do what the coach tells them to do.

That's not exactly true. In the Pitino era, some players have had very short leashes and some players have had no leash at all.

With RP gone it does not matter, but I could see Chicago prospects being hit with a lot of negative recruiting in terms of Minnesota after this Martice Mitchell debacle Pitino created.

I'm not worried. People have short memories. Most also believe that what happened to others won't happen to them and, in any event, that was a different coach. Also, Brandon Johnson is a Chicago native and he's done all right here.

Michigan State is now 8-10 in conference 14-10 overall. Had we won last night (not even close as it turned out). We would have been 7-12 with a chance to get it to 8-12. MSU has two games left against Michigan and may well lose them both- moving them to 8-12. As of yesterday- most had MSU in the tourney. It is sickening to think that winning against Penn State and Rutgers would have put us seriously on the bubble and perhaps needing only 2 wins in the tournament to feel pretty good about getting in- especially since we routed MSU head to head.

ugh

Michigan State is now 8-10 in conference 14-10 overall. Had we won last night (not even close as it turned out). We would have been 7-12 with a chance to get it to 8-12. MSU has two games left against Michigan and may well lose them both- moving them to 8-12. As of yesterday- most had MSU in the tourney. It is sickening to think that winning against Penn State and Rutgers would have put us seriously on the bubble and perhaps needing only 2 wins in the tournament to feel pretty good about getting in- especially since we routed MSU head to head.

ugh

Yes, it's disappointing but without another year like this we probably wouldn't have had regime change so if one believes that regime change was needed then a season like this probably was necessary to make that happen.

Top Bottom