***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Late in the 2nd half BJ told them to take it down (shot click) and Samuel's hoist a Brock with 10 seconds left. During the next time out BJ brought it up to him.

I don't mind Samuel's taking that shot. Earlier in the year....he passed up a lot of open looks. He's not a terrible shooter and we don't want him to be a complete non factor on the offensive end. Makes the offense so much easier to defend when one guy is basically window dressing. It's one of the main reasons why Thompson doesn't see more than a handful of minutes most games. It's too bad....as I thought he had potential. But unless he bulks up a lot....stops playing with pillow hands.....and develops some post moves.....he's going to be little more than a warm body.

Lots of good hustle plays. Sign of a hungry team that believes in the plan and is behind their coach. Should be a fun remainder of the year. Maybe not in the win/loss column....but as far as growth and development goes....I think so.

Do you think the team will give it a go at Illinois? Hot take.
We have to control tempo. Looking at Illinois and their athletes, if they crash to the basket and dictate the way the game is played, they will be at us by double digits. The Gophers have to play team defense and not give good looks to Illinois. They have to get rebounds because this Illinois team will hit the boards hard. Looking at how Illinois took down MSU, this game will be won or lost on the block. Payne, Garcia, and our guys down low will have to be outstanding. If we can control tempo and play like we did against ohio, we can give ourselves a chance.
This is another game for our kids to learn and grow, regardless of the outcome.

With more consistent play like this, next season Minnesota is NCAA Tournament bound. Most likely.

Are we still confident our win against Ohio State is good? They have only lost 5 in a row.

Ohio State was ranked #30 at the time. Gophers beat them so bad it reverberates.

That was a great win.

Top Bottom