***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The INT looked to me like it was intended for Rodney Smith who fell down.

Game started out with just what the doctor ordered and starting with that awful field flipping non punt return, it has now ground down into a dirty Fitz typical Northwestern game. Unfortunate.

Yahoo! For halftime. PJ will get them back on track.

Well I'll take the score. Should have been better though. Clearly need to regroup or we could lose this game.

Hey, you have to try.

Marty isn’t going to survive this game the way it’s going.

Actually, Northwestern is probably still a lot better than Rutgers. At least they don’t roll over and die.

Marty is a slippery QB. Has some quickness to him. Johnson was lost when he was in there. Marty is a scrapper although he's going to get hit at some point.

Hopefully we get points on the first possession.

Good thing TM was ok to play or this is possibly a nail biter. Too bad about the interception - safety a little too in and the throw was a little off. TM maybe a little too eager there. Hopefully not foggy after all the hits.

Interesting how not returning a point changed the momentum of the game and led to nine NW points. Douglas is having problems today. I was hoping the Gophers would put this one away so we could see Kramer or Clark for awhile in the fourth quarter.

Good thing TM was ok to play or this is possibly a nail biter. Too bad about the interception - safety a little too in and the throw was a little off. TM maybe a little too eager there. Hopefully not foggy after all the hits.

He’s probably fine, but one of the refs was watching him pretty closely on his way to the sideline.

Interesting how not returning a point changed the momentum of the game and led to nine NW points. Douglas is having problems today. I was hoping the Gophers would put this one away so we could see Kramer or Clark for awhile in the fourth quarter.
At what point do we just risk the injury and put Winfield back there?

We didn’t play good most of the 2nd quarter. We practically gave them 9 points

DD is our most reliable punt returner. He almost always catches the ball. He generally makes good decisions. Then... the 2nd quarter happened. Who is this guy?

But, other than Winfield I’m guessing we don’t have a better option.
Returning punts might be the hardest job in a football game. Gotta have nerves of steel. Gotta make many split second decisions. Gotta be able to catch the dang ball!

Punter using rugby style kicking. Ball comes off many tomes as a knuckler or wobbly. Not a nice high spiral like returners are use to. DD must adjust to the style.

Ugly uniforms again, too. Our national brand is "Golden Gophers," and we turn up in maroon and white. Yuck. Hope third quarter is better and we put this one away.

We are going to run this game out. I bet Tanner doesn't throw much this half. Rodney was doing well on some early drives, let's keep stretching them out.

I’d like to see TM2 out soon regardless. We need him for next week. Can not afford an injury in what amounts to a near throwaway game in terms of the West title. If the guys can’t defeat a toothless NU squad with one half to play and getting spotted 12 points they don’t deserve to win.

Top Bottom