***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I like the job Ben has done this year. I believe we will be improved next year. But, I do not see us winning at Northwestern today. Like to be surprised though.

Collins never got the ball inside at Williams Arena. We don't defend well inside. Three of their top 6 scorers are 6'9 and two 6'10 guys. Can't imagine they ignore that advantage again.

We can still make the ncaa tourney. We beat Northwestern, Rutgers and almost beat Iowa. Beat those three next week and we are in the B1G semifinal. Will it happen, probably not. But I won't give up until they are officially out. Don't watch today if you don't care then.
I will watch because I enjoy the ball movement that Ben gets out of this offense. I don't particularly like how we slide under screens when playing defense. I would rather see them go over the top of the screen, but otherwise this season, while matching what I expected for wins/losses, has been enjoyable.
I will enjoy this game, even if Ben sticks with the iron 5 for the whole game.

From what I saw, the Cats are 7.5-point favorites...after the Gophs beat them by 17 at Williams Arena. My how the Gophers' fortunes have fallen since then. The team hasn't been right since the series of illnesses, but I wonder what else is wrong. Just hitting the wall? Defense hasn't been good at all.
They are gassed. Gallant effort, just got worn done.

We can still make the ncaa tourney. We beat Northwestern, Rutgers and almost beat Iowa. Beat those three next week and we are in the B1G semifinal. Will it happen, probably not. But I won't give up until they are officially out. Don't watch today if you don't care then.

Almost beat Iowa is generous.

Made a late push in the home game from getting boat raced but never fully got back.

Got boat raced the full second half of the other.

Iowa is actually not an ideal match up imo.

Which coach is in charge of developing Gopher big men?

Why does it matter? It means nothing for next season. We aren't playing post-season.
Dude we’re not going to be good til year 5. Take the small victories when we can.

Dude we’re not going to be good til year 5. Take the small victories when we can.

Year 5? This isn't football. Things can swing real quick based on a single year's recruiting/transfer class

Nance needs 19 for 1000 career points
Just got 2 to that goal. But Loewe got it 1st. That means Minnesota is better and will win tonight.

Honestly though, good for Nance. His dad was a stud.

Nice chicken wing by Greer. Gaard would be proud.

Zero energy. Zero grit. Guess fear of finishing last isn't a great motivator.

The one thing I see is no fear from opposing offenses to just shoot. It looks like they know either 1 of 2 things will happen. Either make it or offensive rebound a lot % of the time.

Great start guys. I really hope we can fall behind by 20 again and then make an il- fated rally so everybody can talk about how hard they fight, ignoring the fact that they put themselves in the hole to start with. It’s getting old.

Based upon the start of this game...it's not going to be a victory, let alone a small one.

Charlie Daniels is in to give up uncontested lay-ups. He's developing though.

Great start guys. I really hope we can fall behind by 20 again and then make an il- fated rally so everybody can talk about how hard they fight, ignoring the fact that they put themselves in the hole to start with. It’s getting old.
Almost there! What a joke.

Another example of no fear. They just have no respect for the Gopher D.

Are we obligated to play in the BTT?

Top Bottom